Is there an easy way to find a singer? I have all the other pieces (Ironically I found a bassist first). But finding a singer is eluding me.
Ideas?
Quote by Wilma Fingerdo
Regret is a waste of time, coulda, woulda shoulda. Don't bother with it, and so what if you didn't nail her. Hump one of her friends and you'll feel much better.
kareoke bar
Quote by LuckyBoys91
+ ****ing 1

i've got a point

Quote by Pr0gNut
No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.

TSHM.
I'd just post all over town, and check craigslist or any other wanted sites. I live in a rural area where musicians looking to jam or join a band are exceedingly rare, yet somehow I constantly see notices posted for singers that want to join a band.

Granted you'll have to wade through a lot of crap to find a good one, most even well trained singers can't get a good rock sound.

Goodluck!
Quote by saladforkspear
kareoke bar

Y'know, that's actualy a pretty good idea.
Think about it, a pub, filled with wannabe singers, most of who would give anything to sing in a real band, all the equipment you'll ever need to audition them, plus a bar.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Aug 21, 2008,
That IS a good idea. Also, and this might not be much of a help short-term, but just as often as not, players are found through networking. Get out there and get to know people in bands. Establish yourself and your band as competent, professional, and down-to-earth. There are singers out there - the question is whether they can be persuaded to sing for you. Have a package, get yourself known in musician circles and sell yourself.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Yeah the bar idea is good but i'm only 15
Quote by Wilma Fingerdo
Regret is a waste of time, coulda, woulda shoulda. Don't bother with it, and so what if you didn't nail her. Hump one of her friends and you'll feel much better.
Quote by castellorizon
Yeah the bar idea is good but i'm only 15

Hire a kariokie machine and have a party. Invite all your friends and get 'em all messing about on the mic.
You'll have all sorts of people singing who have never even attempted to sing before, but out of crowds of people like this, a gem can occasionaly be found. If you hear something you like, you may have found your singer, if not, hell, you still had a great party.
School choir? They can all sing to some degree. It's just a question of whether anyone there is the right person for your job.

Don't discount them because they're choir people. A good singer is a good singer. If they can do choral stuff, they can do pretty much any genre except scream-o and that kind of thing. In fact, they'll probably *refuse* to do that kind of thing.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
School choir? They can all sing to some degree. It's just a question of whether anyone there is the right person for your job.

Don't discount them because they're choir people. A good singer is a good singer. If they can do choral stuff, they can do pretty much any genre except scream-o and that kind of thing. In fact, they'll probably *refuse* to do that kind of thing.

CT

Another good point.

I was in the school choir, as well as the local church choir, nothing to do with religion, I just liked to sing when I was a kid.
They both gave me a pretty good grounding in understanding breathing, projection and harmonies.
Worth a try. Thanks for the help guys
Quote by Wilma Fingerdo