Poll: GT-10 or X3 Live?
Poll Options
View poll results: GT-10 or X3 Live?
Boss GT-10
5 31%
Line 6 X3 Live
11 69%
Voters: 16.
Figured I'd poll this. I did search and came up with 2 threads which were inconclusive to say the least.

I have a Boss GT-3 (Archaic but please bear with me) that doesn't really thrill me in terms of sounds and I've tried a GT-8 which didn't do much for me either. While I like individual Boss pedals enough to keep me interested, my past experience leads me to believe I probably won't be happy with the GT-10.

Surprisingly, I've had no bad experiences with any Line 6 gear I've tried. Flextones, PODs, Vetta, I've always been happy with the sounds I've gotten from them. But, I have heard a lot of great things about the GT-10. Unfortunately because of my past experience with Boss mfx, I'm leaning toward the X3 without having tried either.

My situation is as follows:

Said device will be connected to the power-amp input/return of a Peavey Bandit 112.
I am not playing in a band, playing live or playing loud.
I don't have the money or need to throw down on what will ultimately be a waste of a tube amp.

In terms of wants/likes:

I like the tight dirty sounds of Boogie's MK amps, and glassy Fender cleans.
I don't need ridiculous amounts of multi-effects, just the basics (Primarily mods, and delays).
I wouldn't mind being able to edit patches via my mac.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
well... amplitube software? if your playing at home and not in a band that actually might be your best option... Personally I detest multi-fx but thats just an idea.
I had thought of that, but pracitce-only as it may be I don't like to play through ear phones.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Bump for more

Now I'm thinking just an X3 POD would more than suffice. I really don't need instant access to channels for any reason, the floorboard is completely overkill for me.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
I voted for GT-10.. just to make polls more interesting
Im having the same problem as the original poster
EDIT: oh well, you can buy either one from Thomann and use the 30 day return policy if you dont like it.
Last edited by Hirvikala at Nov 22, 2008,
You already answered your own question. You're unhappy with what you've heard from Boss units and you like what you've tried from Line6.
i say X3, the bean version. you could also get really good software like amplitube as the other guy said.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.