Im lookin for some new amp suggestions, Im in the £500 (bout $1000 region) looking for a amp that plays hard rock/metal, I want a sound that can play metal and shred, (think Mark Tremonti's tone in Alter Bridge) and play softer stuff like G 'n' R and the Foo's. I want an amp that's loud enough for gigs of about 250 ppl (I can mike it if needs be.) and quiet anough for bedroom practise. I'm going to try out all suggestions from you
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Would 100 Watts tube not be way too much for bedroom practise?

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by 12joey.c12

Hmmm, if you keep it under 1 no lol. Try the 112, its 50watt.
Quote by 12joey.c12

It will, unless you play a lot of gigs or want to get an attenuator to quieten it down, a 100 watt valve amp is far too loud for bedroom practice. Look at Bugera amps, Tremonti uses a Bogner Uberschall and a Mesa Boogie Triple Rec in tandem (and Fender Twins and Mesa Boogie Heartbreakers for cleans if you wanted to know) so an American voiced high gain amp ought to do. And if you want to get really close he uses a T-Rex MAB drive, though any tubescreamer clone'll do.
DO NOT get a valveking, they have so little gain it's ridiculous.

Go for the B-52 AT100--it's a tube half stack and it costs $900, probably like £450 or so.
A half stack would be way too loud for my house (I live in a really residential area and ppl complain about my peavey rage)

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by 12joey.c12
A half stack would be way too loud for my house (I live in a really residential area and ppl complain about my peavey rage)

Do you ever play gigs? Because if you don't would you ever consider getting the Pod X3 or the floorboard version? You could practice through headphones or through the effect loop of your amp, and if you needed it for live you could plug straight into the PA.
^ I was looking at the bugera, I still think it would be too loud for home use.
^^ And yes I do gig at school and pubs n' things
I was thinking about maybe the Randall RG50TC or the Peavey 6505, but Ive heard they are very metal orientated, I think about 40 - 75 watts tube should be good.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
I think I'd be able to raise my budget by about double by the time im thinking of getting this amp (christmas) so my budget would ideally be around £700-£1000

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
I might be able to build you something hand made and customized specificly for you in your current budget. PM me if you are interested.

Otherwise, I think you might want to look into the laney TT50 combo. It's pretty versital and good for hard rock and shred.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
I might be able to build you something hand made and customized specificly for you in your current budget. PM me if you are interested

Can I give you a PM and all? lol. I'm in a very similar situation.
Quote by 12joey.c12

I think so, purely because the potentiometre controlling master volume will get crackly as hell because it will not be used much.
Im thinking of splitting the money half and half using about £450 - £500, and getting a Jackson DK2M. So far Ive narrowed amps down to the Peavey Valveking 112 (with some sort of OD boost) and the Randall RG50TC, any more suggestions?

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by 666_Pounder
Can I give you a PM and all? lol. I'm in a very similar situation.

Yup, I'll let anybody PM me. I'm a PM *****

I can't promis that I'll be able to do exactly what you need, but I do have parts for 5 different types of amps ranging from 12 to 45 watts and I can modify things quite a bit to get all sorts of different tones. Let me know what you are looking for and I'll let you know if I've got what you will need on hand.
Not taking any online orders.
Well, if you've got potentially $1000 - $2000 then why are you lookin at these two amps? Before the Valveking haters get in here, the VK is OK but it is only $400 OK.

OK?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 21, 2008,
Peavey Ultra, Triple and JSX
Mesa DC or F series- havent tested them but hear good things

As for the Valveking if you want to invest in new speakers, od pedal, noise gate and eq pedal then it can accomplish what you are looking for.