Simple enough question. I searched, and nothing came up. I want to transfer a video to my Xbox, and the file is too big for my normal memory stick so can I use my iPod?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
Simple enough question. I searched, and nothing came up. I want to transfer a video to my Xbox, and the file is too big for my normal memory stick so can I use my iPod?

depends on what kind of Ipod you have ...is it a Classic or Nano ? or touch ?
You can use a iPods as memory sticks- I have. You just plug it in and use it like a memory stick
Uum...I don't know about what you want to do, don't have an Xbox. But I did use my iPod to transfer all my music from my old comp to my current one.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by identityxcrysis
Look up how to start it in disk mode.
I can't remember for the life of me, because I hate ipods

yeah ...that should work ...on most Ipods ....you can do it by holding down the middle button and menu button together at the same time...

But im not sure if it will work if your ipod model's firmware does not support it working as a memory stick...from what I know only Ipod nanos and the current and past Ipod classic models have firmware that has been designed to let the device work as pen drives (i might be wrong on this ...cuz i have never used the ipod shuffle and touch models) ...your best bet is to use the chat option on the apple website to talk to a technician ....
It works. Just not through iTunes.

Just go to My Computer and double-click Z: or w/e it is and drop it in the root folder.

Why look a man in the eye when you can shoot him in the back?

If you can't convince them; confuse them.

Quote by smb
I think anyone who hasn't cheated hasn't lived.
Quote by inlovewithmusic
yeah ...that should work ...on most Ipods ....you can do it by holding down the middle button and menu button together at the same time...

But im not sure if it will work if your ipod model's firmware does not support it working as a memory stick...from what I know only Ipod nanos and the current and past Ipod classic models have firmware that has been designed to let the device work as pen drives (i might be wrong on this ...cuz i have never used the ipod shuffle and touch models) ...your best bet is to use the chat option on the apple website to talk to a technician ....

True, but it's worth a shot to try, isn't it?
Quote by minibrowny
There be an ultimate ipod thread

Oh yeah

And to the person above minibrowny, it is a classic.

And to the disk use person, thanks.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I'm pretty sure you can't transfer music from an iPod to an XBox. You can only play it through the system. If you actually can put music on there I'd be very interested to find out how.