I am currently looking to buy an amp to rehearse and do the occasional gig with. I play mostly heavy-ish rock with some touches of metal.

So today I tried this amp at my local guitar store and I must say I like it alot, seems reasonably priced and sounds great for my type of music.

Can anyone share their opinions/experiences with this amp and/or recommend another amp?

Thanks
It is meant to be a GREAT amp.

But reliability can be issue, BUT, if it works after around a month of use, you're pretty safe.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Ive heard nothing but good things besides reliability issues.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

I think people overdo the whole can we trust Bugeras thing

They're freaking handbuilt ok, they shouldnt break. Thankfully there is a warranty. I think these are the best hi-gain low priced amps on the market.
hey man i have the 6262-212 combo and i freaking love the thing i have had since January, like a few months after they came out. i use it as a backup for my 5150 II half stack and run it through a Mesa 2x12 cab with V30s in it for a "mini stack" thing.lol SOUNDS GREAT. have been touring and gigging all over the southern coast of the US with it since Febuary.

i did a tube swap, the preamp tubes only and it sounds even better! put me some High gain JJ ECC83Ss in there. bout to do a power tube swap on it as well.

if you get this amp be sure to get you a noise suppressor/noise gate pedal or somthing cause with all high gain amps, comes a bit of noise. try out a MXR Smart Gate or a ISP Decimator.

but yeah man the 6260/6262 are great amps!
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Thanks dude, definately going to look into getting a noise suppressor. Heading back this weekend to try out the thing some more and probably buy it.