4x12, To match a Peavey 6505 head??
Budget is flexible, looking at between £300 - 500 (US roughly $600 - 1000 i think)

Help would be much appreciated
for overdrive/distortion i really like the 4x12 but for cleans i prefer the 2x12. thats just me and it really depends on what you like to play. but get something with celestions or other good speakers and with a solid construction.
anyone got any make / model advice on 4x12's??
im guessing celestion speakers are the way to go, but are some better than others??
I think Weber makes much better speakers for the money. But some people prefer the voicings of reissue Celestions.

What kind of sound are you looking for?
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 22, 2008,
We really need to know what sound you want.
From the 6505, im guessing metal.
And in that case, I recommend Vader.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Marshall JCM200 TSL100 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
you guessed right, hard rock / metal
Machine head / Shadows Fall / 36crazyfists etc.

Had a look at Vader amps but unfortunately when searching for these in the UK all i found was some big mask wearing gimp with bad asthma.
[no offence intended to star wars fans, asthmatics, Darth vader himself or the gimp population]

Would a Marshall 1960 A or B cab be a safe choice?
Quote by *bLeEdInG_hErO*
you guessed right, hard rock / metal
Machine head / Shadows Fall / 36crazyfists etc.

Had a look at Vader amps but unfortunately when searching for these in the UK all i found was some big mask wearing gimp with bad asthma.
[no offence intended to star wars fans, asthmatics, Darth vader himself or the gimp population]

Would a Marshall 1960 A or B cab be a safe choice?

no,...i have a xxx and had a 1960a/b stack....they dont pair up well...try something with vintage 30's

i have been preaching the mesa recto cabs but there out of some peoples price range,...

good luck...try before ya buy!!..and wash up when your through.