I just got my first strat(Sienna Sunburst Std) and had a few questions.

I am wanting to setup the guitar for 10s. How do I adjust the springs in the back. Do I add them or just switch where the the springs are attached?

Show the bridge be parallel to the body or should there be a bit of an angle?

Any other advice that a new strat owner my not realize is more than welcome as well.
just switch the strings... no adjustments needed... the bridge should have the slightest angle.
Yeah you shouldn't have much of a problem. Maybe at the most you would need to swap out a spring for a bit heavier one but i doubt that would be needed.

As far as other advice goes...
Maple or rosewood fretboard? Rosewood is safe with lemon oil, maple is not.
If you can, you might want to check the wiring is ok.
other than that...
Enjoy!
The ideal position for the bridge is parallel to the body, that gives you an equal amount of vibrato room in both directions. If switching to 10s has a significant impact on the bridge angle, you'll want to add a spring (I assume you're going up from 9s to 10s or whatever). The location of the springs doesn't seem to make much of a difference, but I like to keep them symmetrical, because I'm strange and that seems proper.

Alternatively, to increase the tension of your springs, you could screw the two big claw screws in the trem cavity deeper into the body. That works better for smaller adjustments.
Okay, I think I should get a few springs added into mine as well, as it's not very parallel to the body at all, haha.

I'm not sure how your whammy bar is, but mine doesn't fit in the cavity properly, even after it was set up. Make sure you check that. I'm sure if I screwed in my bridge better, it would fit.
As far as other advice goes...
Maple or rosewood fretboard? Rosewood is safe with lemon oil, maple is not.
QUOTE]

why would you put lemon oil on the fretboard? make it smoother? or something?
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
My best advice for a strat owner is as follows: sell it as soon as possible and go pick up an esp or somethin
Quote by dragonofdis
My best advice for a strat owner is as follows: sell it as soon as possible and go pick up an esp or somethin

Saint Louis Blues