Hi. I'm looking to buy a new guitar amp. I have about $300 or so to spend on it, though I can probably go up to about $350 or so if that's what it takes to get a better quality amplifier. I'd prefer something around 75 Watts. I'll probably play a variety of different music style, but mainly metal and rock, so I'd like something capable of high gain. I've been looking at the Line 6 Spider III 75 watt, though some have said it sounds like crap or something. I also recently stumbled on the Peavey Bandit 112 and have heard good things about it. I'd prefer to buy a new amp, though I would consider a used one. If anyone has any recommendations, I'd really appreciate it.
Don't get the Spider, there is better quality amps out there. I'd say try and get your hands on a Vox Valvetronix (Possibly the XL series as they're the "metal orientated high-gain" Valvetronix, although the standard Valvetronix can do metal well too) or a Roland Cube. Again, the Cube 30 handles metal well, but both the Valvetronix and Cube are great value for money.
most peavey slid states can do metal quite well but im not sure how good the sound quality is on it
id say go for the vox
the cube is good, but i think the vox is better
Hey, if someone could take the time to maybe look on Craigslist and point out a couple of good amps in the $350 or lower range, I'd appreciate it. Just search in Michigan using craigshelper.com
350 your best bet is a used Peavey Valveking.
I would look at that

EDIT: You don't need 75 watts unless you are doing like, stadium gigs most of the time. 75 watts solid state is also different than 75 watts tube. 75 solid state watts is bad. tube is a little too loud. And spiders are... bad. Ok for practice amps but if you get a bigger one, thats like buying a huge practice amp... which is useless.
Yeah. I realize 75 watts in tube is really loud, though I'm not really sure if I want to go tube or not. I'll watch for a Valveking on Craigslist. I'm not really doing any gigging right now but hope to in the future. I'm currently just doing bedroom practice, but I don't want to get an amp that I can only use for practice, and then I'll have to buy a new one when I start gigging.