Hey guys
I can't make up my mind about what amp I want to buy, I am trying to decide between the spider valve 212 (combo) and a bugera , models 6262 212 and 333xl (both combos)
I play in a metal band with influences such as August burns red, As blood runs black, I killed the Prom queen, etc.
I play shows and need a loud amp that delivers good tone with no feedback.
I also need this amp for recording

All feedback is appreciated

Oh btw My guitar is a ibanez sv5470
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Bugera hands down....

Bugera 6260/6262 but the 333XL sound more of your thing

stay away from the Line 6 Spider amps
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Bugera hands down....

This. Or buy used and get something better.
thanks for the feedback guys but could someone give a more detailed comparison maybe? See I'm all for the bugera but I'm just a diehard fan of the line 6 insane setting. Does anyone know If a tone like this can be produced on the bugera or through good effects?
Thanks a lot for the help!
check out the b52 at100

very good amp for high gain and it has a solid clean channel as well
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by the boogieman
check out the b52 at100

very good amp for high gain and it has a solid clean channel as well

Hey thanks for the suggestion sounds sweet but I couldn't find a combo version and I simply don't have the money for a stack of any sorts (well of most sorts any ways)
I am also down with other suggestions btw I haven't completely set my mind on anything yet! My budget is around 800 but anything lower is awesome too
i wouldnt be so quick to dismiss the spider valve amp.... some really tasty tones out of it, and it does metal no problem. am i wrong in thinking that brendon small is using one on the dethklock tour? i guess that could be due to endorsments, but it does the job nicely!!
Ibanez RGT42FM w/duncans
Musuc Man JP6, fully loaded
Crybaby 95Q
Boss DD6
Mesa DC-5
Yeah see I've also heard some good things about the spider, previously owning one (spider III 30 watt) I did enjoy the digital effects but what turned me off from spider is I spent 4 and a half months without a amp hassling spider over a warranty issue and such...
Does anyone here own either of these amps?
Quote by 50Cal
I am also down with other suggestions btw I haven't completely set my mind on anything yet! My budget is around 800 but anything lower is awesome too

then I would say you try to find a used 5150 Combo.
and against feedback and hum I suggest you buy a Boss NS-2 or a ISP Decimator.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Well depending on where you live $800 could get a nice used Mesa F-50, Orange Tiny Terror & cab, or a new Randall RG50tc, etc. With that budget and some patience there are a lot of options if you look at the used market. I have not tried the Spider Valve so I can't help you there, sorry.
Quote by 50Cal
Hey thanks for the suggestion sounds sweet but I couldn't find a combo version and I simply don't have the money for a stack of any sorts (well of most sorts any ways)

the combo is the at112 iirc

you could potentially pick up a cheap, used avatar cab for $200-300 if you do get the head seeing as how the head will come in at far below your $800 budget

you could definitely snag a used 5150 for under 800
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
as much as I'd love a halfstack, I just don't have the transportation available for something that big. My band plays a few shows, one or two a month I'd say now it seems so its not like a big deal getting it there and back, but with divorced parents, neither of which own a truck/van, transporting a huge amp like that would be hard. Yes, I do have a little piece of crap 15 watt practice amp, but if I'm going to be spending this kind of money I want to be able to use this amp as much as possible
I think that's reasonable, or does someone maybe have a different opinion/idea that could help me out here.
Btw thanks for all the help so far, its been awesome