hey, i'm thinking of setting up a bass pedalboard.

i'm thinking just three pedals. Boss TU-2 tuner, Boss GEB-7 EQ, and Boss CEB-3 bass chorus.

but i don't wanna be close minded. any suggested effects or anything.

i play rock, punk, alternative. and a little funk just for fun.

my gear is in my sig so you know.

thanks.

also any suggested pedalboards?
I play bass!
A distortion or fuzz if you prefer that. Maybe alittle envelope filter.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
the new big muff for the bass is a nice fuzz pedal
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
I have the Tu-2 and Geb-7 on my pedal board aswell, good choice. Try an Ashdown Dist. Pedal (to match your amp) and the Boss BCB-60 is a good pedal board.

If you just wanna stick with those three pedals though look at the BCB-30, it only has space for three compact pedals. http://www.bossus.com/ - theres a useful site for you.
i vote wah, and a overdrive

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

i'm not so much into fuzz's and distortions. i'm really just looking for a great overall tone i can use.

maybe a fuzz or something will give me that. idk. thats why i turned to ug..

and i was on bossus.com all morning
I play bass!
some crazy little lepercon who will make sure your gear is all good and clean.
GEAR

ESP LTD F-155 DX BASS
Epiphone Thunderbird bass
Samic cr1 bt bass

Dunlop bass crybaby
Ibanez PD7 Bass Overdrive Pedal
Boss bass chorus
Zoom 607 multy effects pedal

Ashdown 180 watt bass amp
Mega 30 watt

METAL UP 'UR ASSS
if you don't like fuzz, don't get fuzz.
you can get a wah, or an octaver. that octave, if done right, can sound really good with a little bit of chorus and some aggressive trebly goodness.

but, they're expensive.

if you do funk or hip hop, definitely look into the envelope. also, go to the bass forum FAQ. I think there is a section on pedals.

EDIT: I forgot. compressors are good too. versatile tools.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Too much BOSS, they're overrated if you ask me, anything BOSS can do, EHX can do better.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by srvflood
Too much BOSS, they're overrated if you ask me, anything BOSS can do, EHX can do better.

And anything EHX can do MXR can do cheaper. But most MXRs don't have true hardware bypass. But then again most of the MXR pedals I've bought haven't completely fried within a week (unlike my POG )
only buy what your gonna use i say, personally i go for Digitech Envelope Filter, Boss Compressor, Boss Tu-2 Tuner and accasional Boss Overdrive/Distortion. But essentialy i'm a bassist and dont really need a gazillion pedals... There good fun and stuff at home and recording, but often your tone gets lost in the mix during live situations.

If you have more pedals than your guitarist then theres a problem...
well i think
tuner
EQ
and envelope filter to have fun
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400