This may seem a daft question, but I've been looking for a new acoustic and been hearing really great things about the Epiphone Elitist J-200, with the reviews I've been reading (on Harmony Central) pricing it about $1000.

However looking on gak.co.uk I saw an Epi EJ-200 for only £200 (about $400 US), and as we normally seem to pay in £'s what the americans pay in $'s, I'm a bit confused as to whether this is actually the same guitar.

Any ideas?
"Scratch my name on your arm with a fountain pen - this means, you really love me" - Morrissey, 1985
the eltist is a higher quality guitar...
it will say on the headstock if its eltist or not
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Cheers.

Do you know if they still make/sell the elitist then, and how much it costs? I've had a look on my traditional online haunts but can't find any for sale (even on ebay)...

And given that I'm stuck in the musical wasteland that is holland for the next 12 months, online seems my only viable means of buying anything
"Scratch my name on your arm with a fountain pen - this means, you really love me" - Morrissey, 1985
there is one on ebay for around 800ish right now..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Sorry... thought my ebay was set to show all, but I must have left it on "available to UK" only lol...

Now need to just hope the guy gets in touch before the auction ends...