anyone here ever have any problems from lifting weights and playing guitar?... i get pain in my grip muscles that i hope eventually go away
My wrist and thumb have actually been hurting a little more than usual since I started exercising.
LARGE TEXT
I find playing classical gets pretty difficult after working out, mostly because I still have the blood really pumping through my arms so precision and dynamics die a horrible horrible death. The muscles don't actually hurt because of it though...maybe try playing with a lighter touch.
Quote by tona_107
i have no problems, and i hold bars with 200+ pounds on them.

I hold bars with 9000+ poinds on them.

But really, I lift a bit, and if anything it's made my playing better.
Quote by tona_107
i have no problems, and i hold bars with 200+ pounds on them.

What, just hold them?

Woah.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

i wasn't trying to show off? i was just saying that there's nothing wrong with doing the two, he probably just has to get used to it.

Quote by Jaymz_515
What, just hold them?

Woah.

isn't that how you work out?
I lift weights alot while playing football and have never had any problems playing my guitar.
All my friends are Imaginary

"There was much of the beautiful,
much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible,
and not a little of that which might have excited disgust"

Swan Song
A Story by the Earl of Slander
I've never had any problems from lifting. I've got a dodgy finger from being too hardcore on a rowing machine and a funked up knee from skipping. Skipping, of all things!
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
Skipping is quite a jolly activity.

I haven't had any trouble lifting and playing, if I am too tired though my playing might slip.
Ive never had a problem with it at all...
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Quote by rickster470
Skipping is quite a jolly activity.

I haven't had any trouble lifting and playing, if I am too tired though my playing might slip.

Damn straight. Skipping is the sport of the people, by the people, for the people. I just can't believe how much it's f*cked up my knee.
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
it could be because your not lifting correctly and really just causing alot of damage
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Quote by homair
Damn straight. Skipping is the sport of the people, by the people, for the people. I just can't believe how much it's f*cked up my knee.

Also, no. I exercise and play and it doesn't hamper me, if anything it helps me.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
well i've been lifting for 2 years now, and been playing guitar for 4... it might been that i workout my wrists so that i overwork my muscles or it might be that after arm day i have leg day where im holding on to the dumbells with my arms as im working out so that im tearing the muscles for gripping 2 days in a row..
ask john petrucci
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Wrist and hand/thumb pains will be because of tense grip when playing guitar, not weightlifting. Find the pressure points around your elbow, and massage them hard. It will hurt, but it's great for immediate relief of the pain in your wrist. Now, massage the muscle in between thumb and index finger. If it feels swollen, or if it's sore, stop playing guitar for a while. Carry on massaging these points, this should help any problems you are having (obviously providing it's nothing too serious). Relax when you play guitar, your grip should be soft, and none of your fingers, or your thumb on your left hand should be pressing.
Last edited by National_Anthem at Aug 21, 2008,
Maybe strap a dumbbell onto your picking arm (like a 40 lb) and then try playing. That will make your picking better!

And your fapping.
i did get tendinitis in my wrist during lacrosse, and i haven't fully recovered yet. but i don't think its from when i was lifting though. but it doesn't damper my playing, it just hurts after i stop.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON