I'll start off mentioning that I already have 2 electric guitars, both are decent. I play mostly jazz and rock. I keep my semi hollow (epiphone dot) at school for jazz band practice during most of the school year and I think it would be convenient to go and pick up an acoustic just for playing at home.
What would the advantages be to owning an acoustic over electric besides portability?
My budget is a bit higher now that I have a job but I'm not gonna go and blow all the money I made this summer so I'll spend about 200-400 dollars if I do really go into this. I might get a classical guitar instead (I'll be talking to my guitar teacher tonight about it).
Finally I want a guitar that feels well (so I'll have to check out different guitars in the store), but what are some companies that are known to make decent guitars? Thanks.
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
Alvarez
particularly the Masterworks Series
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
From my (noticeably limited) experience, I've found that on a budget, lower end Martin's are highly affordable and nice enough that you'll want to keep the dust and scratches from it's surface.
Quote by wjhender
taylor. enough said

out of his price range.. the laminate taylors (1-2 series) aren't worth the money although they do sound nice. 3 series + are when you get your money's worth.

Quote by evlogiaandchari
From my (noticeably limited) experience, I've found that on a budget, lower end Martin's are highly affordable and nice enough that you'll want to keep the dust and scratches from it's surface.

low end martins are poor sound per price value i suppose is a good way to say it, meaning you can get great sound out of other guitars in the same lower price range you would buy a martin ex. 500-1000 dollars

for 200-400 you're good to look at alvarez like the other person suggested, some seagull guitars like the seagull s6 and maybe a few of the epiphone guitars. make sure the guitar you are looking at has a solid top.

you might want to look for a 000 sized guitar which is slightly smaller than a dreadnaught. the neck is also slightly smaller, roughly the same size or a little bigger than an electric guitar. you will definitely build more finger strength playing the acoustic which i find is a huge advantage.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Okay I think I checked out an Alvarez and a Yamaha tonight. Both were great. I'm not positive the first one was an Alvarez but it had a really thin neck! It was almost too thin lmao. The Yamaha was like 10 dollars more (330 or 340 I think). And they were actually acoustic electric. My guitar teacher recommended the Yamaha because the electronics were better on it for the 10 bucks. I'll think it over some more before buying.
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)