Hey guys, after purchasing this 2 weeks ago i very nearly have enough money for the cab, however I've been thinking, seeing as this is single line am i right in saying I'm not going to be able to change between clean/overdrive or overdrive/distortion?

If so how am i going to cover my favorite songs which have clean and distorted tones throughout ?
That's the only alternative ? what about when im playing fade to black/ sweet child of mine, ohhh god
well you could set the amp to clean and use an overdrive,,, but that kinda defeats the point.

For sweet child of mine I usually have the neck pickup volume on 10 and bridge on 2 - on the clean bits i use the bridge and on the lead bits i use the neck.

then just after the second solo bit (before the main one) there is a bend at the end on the 17th fret, when im sustaining that i roll the bridge volume up and leave it up for the rest of the song as there arent any clean bits after that. Its how i did it on the clip in my profile. Not ideal though, i see where you are coming from!
sigh guess im going to have to become a better lead player sucks, gonna buy a TS9 though what head/cab are you using?
I will be using a Tiny Terror with 1x12 with an as of yet undecided speaker, but my tech still has it.

For that clip I used Laney LC15r. The overdrive came from a Vox Tonelab. I could have easily created a clean patch next to it, but i couldnt be bothered so i just used the guitars volume... I use the volume on my guitar a lot to get different tones so i find it natural to twist the knob mid solo..

I dont mean offense by this, but did you not think about this before you bought the head?? I dont see single channel amps as a problem as my guitar cleans up beautifully. You might find that using the guitars volume sounds nice... Unless you have a strat or something which only has one volume knob!!

TS9 should be good though, but an amp like that should sound sweet without it
o noes more songs i keep thinking of
Gary Moore- still got the blues
loads of muse songs
Metallica

I'm going to be getting a PGM301 soon, at the moment I'm using a Washburn X-50
hmm..

Sounds like you'd have to run the amp clean and use pedals. Wouldnt do the amp justice IMO. Where'dya get it from?
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
use your guitars volume knob to clean up

+1. Unless he has an OD pedal to use for OD.
Quote by AdamDK
+1. Unless he has an OD pedal to use for OD.

well he getting a TS9... but i reckon that amp would sound better naturally overdriven!

The guitar volume is your best bet.Its just a practice thing, you can get pretty nifty switching from clean to OD using just the one volume knob with a lil' practice
Kk ill try your advise i bought the GH100L in int condition 2nd hand from eBay for £310, i definitely want to keep it as it has that lead tone I'm looking for
well exactly, if it has the lead tone you are looking for then you dont really want to be running the amp clean and using pedals for a lead tone... you'll just have to practice getting your knob twisting spot on!.... which sounds painful
I think some laney amps have a footswitch to turn distortion on, but still only one channel, so youll still be able to do clean and distortion.

Although, even if it doesnt have a gain switch, just roll back the volume knob on your guitar. It reduces the gain from the amp, giving you some pretty sweet clean and crunchy sounds.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
ahh right its a like a boost switch then?

Sounds like the best option TS, cheers SG thrasher
Does anyone know what Foot switch i should buy for this particular head? thanks a lot Slash's number 1 fan for getting answers for me, much appreciated, I'm guessing the pedal just activates the extra drive button?
edit: Sg person knows more, listen to him.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
Last edited by SweetsForLife at Aug 21, 2008,
Quote by sharpy1
Does anyone know what Foot switch i should buy for this particular head? thanks a lot Slash's number 1 fan for getting answers for me, much appreciated, I'm guessing the pedal just activates the extra drive button?

no worries, SG thrasher and sweetsforlife are the ones you should be thanking
Just ordered the footswitch which can be seen here
http://www.gear4music.com/Laney_FS-1_Single_Function_Footswitchsefv_4.html
Came to £15 including delivery, this should enable me to have solo lead gain whilst on and whilst off a bluesy rocky GNR sound hopefully, if i change pickups and play softly it should sound decent for arpeggiated verses such as Sweet child of mine and still got the blues
I suppose by buying this it makes the TS-9 a bit unnecessary but i suppose it would still come in helpful for when i need ridiculous amounts of gain, whilst we are at it guys, please recommend me a reverb and chorus pedal thanks everyone!!
thats awesome sharpy i want clips!!!

off topic and probably very wrong, but is you username a reference to sharpe or am i just a tad too obsessed with sharpe that i like to believe it is??! haha

edit: I like the electro harmonix one - holy grail is it? Not sure on chorus, never used it
Quote by Necropeth91
Sounds like you need a VH100R my friend.

Too expensive for me mate, my GH100L cost me £315 and the VH100R is almost double that, take into account I'm saving up for a PGM301 too!
hehe my name is sharpy1 because my surname is sharp, without the e!! :P sharpy was taken so took sharpy1, I'll check out the pedal you recommended
Quote by sharpy1
Too expensive for me mate, my GH100L cost me £315 and the VH100R is almost double that, take into account I'm saving up for a PGM301 too!

Ahh, I see. Well good luck, I hope you get everything to work out for you!
i wish my surname was sharp... haha

Ive only ever had a quick noodle with it but it left a great impression on me. I just really liked the sound of it. Suppose you could just try the bog standard boss chorus?
hmm thats suprisingly disappointing, horses for courses I guess. I liked it.... but then again a do like burn toast, im not one for impecable taste
lol guess I'll have to search around for a reverb + those pedals are massive, bit too big for my liking :P hmm think i might make a new post about reverb/chorus pedals