I've been swamped with homework this summer, and I have a week to read 300 pages of Children of Henry VIII.

There are no CliffsNotes or Sparknotes.

So has anyone read this book?

Wanna give me a summary?
Prepare to be told to read the book and stop wasting your education by a plethora of self-righteous assholes.
SPOILERS:

Henry dies!
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Summary... HENRY HUMPED.... KIDS WERE BORN.

Good enough?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Henry VIII was a womanising King of England and in the end they had to chop his head off because he was getting fat.
300 pages in a week is pretty easy
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

On second thought, I don't think any of the Pit actually has the intelligence to have read this book.

I'll just cram it all in whilst trying to do English and Biology projects.
Quote by JMTrio134
Wanna give me a summary?

Yes, yes I do, but unfortunately I haven't read that book.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by JMTrio134
On second thought, I don't think any of the Pit actually has the intelligence to have read this book.

I'll just cram it all in whilst trying to do English and Biology projects.

Wow, you proper owned us all there with your egotistical and illogical parabollocks.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

It might be wise to, you know, read the book. Some of us are educated. Most of us got that way be reading.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
dude, 300 pages is nothing,

for my A level history i've had to read about 4000+ pages so far and i dont finish it until next june, stop bitching.

read it.

he had a few,

mary, elizabeth, and edward.

mary - catholic, nuts

liz - awesome, balls of a man

ed - epic fail

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom Horn

for my A level history i've had to read about 4000+ pages so far and i dont finish it until next june, stop bitching.

read it.

he had a few,

mary - catholic, nuts

ed - epic fail

BURN!
Ok so Henry VIII finds out that he is a wizard from Hagrid and his uncle and aunt were hiding it from him and finds out that an EVIL WIZARD NAMED VOLDEMORT killed his parents and not a car and that the scar on his forhead was actually from a magic killing spell that he was the only one to survive. so hagrid ( who is a large burly bear ) takes him to a train and he goes to a castle that is also a wizard school. he meets a girl named herminoene ( who later becomes hot ) and a boy named ron ( same ) . they become BFFs . they go to shcool and there is an old man named dumbledore and he is the wizard princiapl of the school and they learn about magic. then they meet snape who is mean to henry VII and they think he is going to steal a magic stone that makes you live forever but really BOLDEMORT IS TRYING TO STEAL THE STONe. and snape is protectingg it. anywasyus they try to steal the stone also ( i dunno why ) and they find a chess board and play chess then hanry VIII melts a guys face off ( probably with super powers or magic of love ) the end.
two and a half men.
Quote by Jaymz_515
Wow, you proper owned us all there with your egotistical and illogical parabollocks.

You are so ****ing awesome. Honestly, what would I do with a vocabulary like that?
You can read and annotate 300 pages in a day.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Last edited by rabidguitarist at Aug 21, 2008,
Quote by JMTrio134
You are so ****ing awesome. Honestly, what would I do with a vocabulary like that?

Don't ask me, I'm from The Pit.

First thing I'd do is learn to recognise when someone's not taking you seriously.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by iimjpii
Prepare to be told to read the book and stop wasting your education by a plethora of self-righteous assholes.

And this is somehow a bad thing? Making him do what he is supposed to be doing...
Quote by Tom Horn

read it.

he had a few,

mary - catholic, nuts

ed - epic fail

I know what you have told me without even having touched the book.

It's the specific things each of them do and how they effect the country and especially the Protestant Church.

Quote by RABIDGUITARIST
You can read and annotate 300 words in a day.

Yes, I know this, unfortunately, we are talking 300 pages of fact with readers notes.

EDIT: And to all you bitching at me for wanting to take the fast route, are you telling me that the Pit always does their assignments in school with no cheating whatsoever?
Quote by JMTrio134
And to all you bitching at me for wanting to take the fast route, are you telling me that the Pit always does their assignments in school with no cheating whatsoever?

It's more the fact that you tried to take the fast route, failed, and then proceded to act like the Pit was full of idiots who couldn't read it...missing the part where you came here because you found it difficult to read.

Edit: And no, I never cheat, as opposed to just about every kid I know in the honors classes. Either I do it myself or I don't do it.
Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by Bubbles516
Its super effective!
Last edited by wtf290 at Aug 21, 2008,
well simple,

mary tried to abolish it and kill off all the protestants,

liz made it powerful, gave **** loads of money, pissed of the spanish, killed mary

ed didnt do much, his lord protectorate basically tried to make the country a protestant milartary state and run the country himself....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by wtf290
It's more the fact that you tried to take the fast route, failed, and then proceded to act like the Pit was full of idiots who couldn't read it...missing the part where you came here because you found it difficult to read.

I found myself pressed for time with other things to do that were of equal importance.
It does not take a week to read a 300 book...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
no,

liz had mary executed after several years of having mary locked up in various prisons,

it was siad that mary was organising a revolt against liz, this been treason liz was forced into signing her death warrent.

i havent studied this stuff for about 3 years but i'm doing the best i can,

i'm not sure if she was maaried to Phillip, i think it was more that mary was the daughter of catherine of aragion, who i think was his sister.... ( ? )

but the fact that a protestent queen ( liz ) kiled of mary, a catholic queen with family ties to spain was probably enough anyway....

we can try and work some out now if you want?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by JMTrio134
I found myself pressed for time with other things to do that were of equal importance.

Fair enough. Which then leads to you having to pick what is really more important, or just do everything half assed. Or you could just read it, unless your day is completely packed 300 pages shouldn't be too difficult, even in Old English.
Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by Bubbles516
Its super effective!
I feel this is an epic thread...

I'd gladly read 300 pages of a book and annotate it. I've nothing to do at the moment

EDIT: TS, is it by any chance by Alison Weir?
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Last edited by Badreligionrock at Aug 21, 2008,
Quote by JMTrio134
EDIT: And to all you bitching at me for wanting to take the fast route, are you telling me that the Pit always does their assignments in school with no cheating whatsoever?

Me? Yes. I actually want to learn properly.
Quote by Badreligionrock
I feel this is an epic thread...

I'd gladly read 300 pages of a book and annotate it. I've nothing to do at the moment

EDIT: TS, is it by any chance by Alison Weir?

It is.

I've started and am on page 50.

With no notes.

I might just read it and use my friends notes.
Quote by JMTrio134
It is.

I've started and am on page 50.

With no notes.

I might just read it and use my friends notes.

Well then, with a publication date of 2008, how can it be written in 'Olde English'? Just read it, we all go through the same thing at one point or another.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
well you seem stuck, i kinda know a bit, just an invitation to some help....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Badreligionrock
Well then, with a publication date of 2008, how can it be written in 'Olde English'? Just read it, we all go through the same thing at one point or another.

A lot of it is just thrown together information and quotes from OLD biographies of the various children.

ie, it isn't changed very much at all.
Quote by Tom Horn
well you seem stuck, i kinda know a bit, just an invitation to some help....

I'll drop you a PM if I need anything.

Right now I'm just going to try to read it.