Poll: Who is the bigger failure?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who is the bigger failure?
Sir William Wallace
17 33%
Robert the Bruce
35 67%
Voters: 52.
Page 1 of 2
Right then.

Myself and _Tim_ have been having an argument over who is the biggest failure out of the two.

Basically, I argue that Robert the Bruce is purely because he missed the chance, however _Tim_ argues that it was (from his own bloodline may I point out) Sir William Wallace as he failed at his task.

Now the thing is, atleast Sir William Tried.

What do you recon?
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
What the hell are we talking about.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Quote by NotAGuitarHero
What the hell are we talking about.

Who the bigger failure was. Sir William Wallace or Robert the Bruce.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Quote by GiantRaven
Who and who?

Refer either to wikipedia OR refer to the film Braveheart for an interpritation of their stories.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

wallace,

at least rob the big B ****ed over newcastle for a while...

i think, i cant remember if it was the other way around...

but either way, my family being scottish, they both failed, we didneee get no independance!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom Horn
wallace,

at least rob the big B ****ed over newcastle for a while...

i think, i cant remember if it was the other way around...

but either way, my family being scottish, they both failed, we didneee get no independance!

and you never will
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Refer either to wikipedia OR refer to the film Braveheart for an interpritation of their stories.

Or alternitively...you could tell me
Okay so after a quick read I think Robert the Bruce was the biggest failure. It seems his main goal was self centered, and Wallace was more for Scotland instead of just himself. SO, his fight was harder, and he had more to accomplish whereas Bruce simply did what was in his best interests - i.e. switching sides on multiple occasions.
We're only strays.
Quote by GiantRaven
Or alternitively...you could tell me

You should know, being from England.
Well Robert the Bruce submitted to the English so, considering their aims, the answer seems obvious.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Okay so after a quick read I think Robert the Bruce was the biggest failure. It seems his main goal was self centered, and Wallace was more for Scotland instead of just himself. SO, his fight was harder, and he had more to accomplish whereas Bruce simply did what was in his best interests - i.e. switching sides on multiple occasions.

There! That's exactly what I've been trying to get across.

_Tim_ you can go wipe yourself!
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Basically, I argue that Robert the Bruce is purely because he missed the chance, however _Tim_ argues that it was (from his own bloodline may I point out) Sir William Wallace as he failed at his task.

Robert The Bruce was the ****ing man. He would scale castles with grappling hooks and win battles with guerrilla warfare, using brains rather than brawn.

He also defeated King Edward II, winning independence. He then conquered Ireland.

But he was not a failure, whereas Wallace was.
Call me Batman.
Last edited by J.A.M at Aug 21, 2008,
Well considering that Wallace was executed by Longshanks and his boys and the Bruce died King of Scotland, I'd say that Robbie da Bruce came out a bit better off than ol' Wally.

Both were badass but I'd say that the Bruce was more so. Bannockburn was more difficult than Stirling Bridge too. There's also the duel against Henry de Bohun where Robert broke his axe in killing his opponent.
Last edited by Trefellin at Aug 21, 2008,
Quote by _Tim_
and you never will

meh they moved south and became successfull lol

i was born in england so as far as i'm concerned...

scotland can suck my balls lol

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom Horn
meh they moved south and became successfull lol

i was born in england so as far as i'm concerned...

scotland can suck my balls lol

Scotland would bite them, though.
Quote by Trefellin
Well considering that Wallace was executed by Longshanks and his boys and the Bruce died King of Scotland, I'd say that Robbie da Bruce came out a bit better off than ol' Wally.

Both were badass but I'd say that the Bruce was more so. Bannockburn was more difficult than Stirling Bridge too. There's also the duel against Henry de Bohun where Robert broke his axe in killing his opponent.

Robert the Bruce seemed pretty opportunistic to me, when things weren't going his way...

but meh, this really isn't a period of history I know a great deal about.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
and you never will

It's highly possible, and about time.
Call me Batman.
Robert the Bruce fails. William Wallace was a legend, I think that, and I'm English!!
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
I think we got an intellectual here. You know what to do.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by andyd93
Robert the Bruce fails. William Wallace was a legend, I think that, and I'm English!!

No! Wallace failed. He was pwned totally at Falkirk, captured and executed.

Robert the Bruce was able to secure Scottish independence from Perfidious Albion. Bruce Succeeded and Wallace failed.

It doesn't really matter how. They were all just a bunch of warlords squabbling over power and land anyway.

Also, This is totally awesome.
Quote by J.A.M

But he was not a failure, whereas Wallace was.

Wallace set the foundation for many of Robert's successes. Mainly against England.
We're only strays.
TBH, William Wallace only had one main victory - the battle of Stirling. I have no idea how Robert the Bruce did, but Will's only a one-hit-wonder.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Wallace set the foundation for many of Robert's successes. Mainly against England.

That is very true. But combined with a number of factors such as Longshanks' death, Robert managed to succeed, where Wallace failed.
Call me Batman.
Quote by Korzack
TBH, William Wallace only had one main victory - the battle of Stirling. I have no idea how Robert the Bruce did, but Will's only a one-hit-wonder.

Robert the Bruce defeated the English in at least a handful of battles, took many castles, ****ed up the other Scots who claimed the throne, took said throne, freed northern Ireland from English rule and was killed by some disease. Then they cut out his heart and took it with them on a Crusade for some reason.

Of course more people are going to vote against the Bruce because of the movie Braveheart which is very entertaining but hugely inaccurate. I mean, they barely got anything right.
Quote by _Tim_
Scotland would bite them, though.

nah,

they'd be more interested in how they coudl sell them for either booze or heroin.

oh and Rob died of leporsy, they decided after modern guys looked at the wierd growths and **** that were over his skull

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom Horn
nah,

they'd be more interested in how they coudl sell them for either booze or heroin.

oh and Rob died of leporsy, they decided after modern guys looked at the wierd growths and **** that were over his skull

And to buy Mars bar batter...
oh no,

that stuff is wicked,

i can understand why they are the most over weight nation in europe, trsut me, dont knck it till you try it.....

i'm joining your ian hislop group, private eye is the dogs

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Trefellin
Robert the Bruce defeated the English in at least a handful of battles, took many castles, ****ed up the other Scots who claimed the throne, took said throne, freed northern Ireland from English rule and was killed by some disease. Then they cut out his heart and took it with them on a Crusade for some reason.

Of course more people are going to vote against the Bruce because of the movie Braveheart which is very entertaining but hugely inaccurate. I mean, they barely got anything right.

For one thing, Robert the bruce and William Wallace were centuries apart.
For two, no english princess in their right mind would shag a scotsman because he wears a skirt in a macho way
3:... Come on, anyone who judges because of a FILM is just retarded
(and of course, Mel Gibson is about as convincing as a Scottish hero as Chris Moyles is a convincing fat-fighter)
The rig:
Newcastle United
For one thing, Robert the bruce and William Wallace were centuries apart.

No, they were from roughly the same time, Bruce after Wallace though.

You forgot the bridgeless Battle Of Stirling Bridge.
Call me Batman.
^No I didn't - in my first post, sire
And fair enough, but they weren't exactly drawing up battle-plans along-side each other, a la the film
The rig:
Newcastle United
Quote by Tom Horn
oh no,

that stuff is wicked,

i can understand why they are the most over weight nation in europe, trsut me, dont knck it till you try it.....

i'm joining your ian hislop group, private eye is the dogs

I have tried it-several times, in fact.

And wahey
I need to get the new Private Eye ¬_¬
Robert the Bruce turned on William Wallace at the end of Braveheart like a little piece of ****.
Robert the Bruce = Pussy
William Wallace = Hero/Pimp
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Quote by _Tim_
I have tried it-several times, in fact.

And wahey
I need to get the new Private Eye ¬_¬

good man

me too, my local newsagents doesnt agree with it so they dont stock it lol

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by daniel.mycoe

Braveheart is just men running around showing their moobs.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Page 1 of 2