so im trying to attach some surround sound speakers to my pc ,but im having some trouble aye. first, each speaker goes in like in a box which then goes into the computer but theres so many speakers i dont which plugs they go into in this box. Second, there are 3 of those green cables that go into the back whereas my computer has only one green hole :/ im guessin to get the best sound i could do with all 3 plugged in. Also, i got this from a car boot and there are no markings so i have no idea who it was made by so i couldnt get anything of the internet. i will try and get some pictures in a minute if that helps anybody.

thanks people
For the green thing, you could get a splitter (Orwhatever it's called) That has 1 output and however many inputs.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
yeah but im guessin that if i actually had to have one then it would have came with it... and as for your xbox problem i have no idea
I dont' know about yours, but mine surround system has a Red and White input, so I have a cable thats a red and white on one said and a 1/4 on the other side, which goes into the computer. Those cables are only a few bucks at radioshack if it helps
a splitter would not work, you could do it but you will not get surround sound, you will just get the same thing from each speaker, instead of being true surround sound. you need to get a new sound card which comes with more than one output. idk what kinds to get, my dad does that stuff.
Quote by identityxcrysis
I dont' know about yours, but mine surround system has a Red and White input, so I have a cable thats a red and white on one said and a 1/4 on the other side, which goes into the computer. Those cables are only a few bucks at radioshack if it helps

nah i guess thats a different kind or somethin

i think ill pop down to the computer shop 2mo if it sounds **** with one cable in
Quote by Brokntragedy
a splitter would not work, you could do it but you will not get surround sound, you will just get the same thing from each speaker, instead of being true surround sound. you need to get a new sound card which comes with more than one output. idk what kinds to get, my dad does that stuff.

are you definetly sure i would need that, cos im not getting one. £5 was enough for me. is there no other way?!?!
Quote by identityxcrysis
I'm sure it won't come to that. What kind of inputs do your speakars have?

what do you mean? sorry
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
what do you mean? sorry

Like how can you plug things into the speakers?
Optical inputs? 1/4 or something?
Quote by identityxcrysis
Like how can you plug things into the speakers?
Optical inputs? 1/4 or something?

into the speakers? there are wires that go into them that you remove like part of the speakers
oy...*sigh*
sounds like you need a new sound card first. You need one that supports surround sound for x.1 speakers. x being the number of speakers you have.
Secondly - we can't help you unless you explain your situation a little better.
Quote by untalented
oy...*sigh*
sounds like you need a new sound card first. You need one that supports surround sound for x.1 speakers. x being the number of speakers you have.
Secondly - we can't help you unless you explain your situation a little better.

it is sounding like a need a new sound which isnt possible so screw that i could probably hawk em for more than a fiver anyways. 5 small speakers and a large woofer big speaker go into a box, which has the power into it and the outputs to the computer
run some RCA cables to an adapter, to get a Y cable with RCA to 1/8" TRS

run that from the line out on the computer to the RCA inputs of your tuner/amp for the speakers.
you cant simply run speakers alone, there's nothing to drive them.

This wont sound great since you are running though a crappy stock sound card but it may work...
Quote by moody07747
run some RCA cables to an adapter, to get a Y cable with RCA to 1/8" TRS

run that from the line out on the computer to the RCA inputs of your tuner/amp for the speakers.
you cant simply run speakers alone, there's nothing to drive them.

This wont sound great since you are running though a crappy stock sound card but it may work...

you sound like you u no what your on about but could u possibly explain in simpler terms thank you please