Hi, I've recently acquired a very nice Epiphone Les Paul Custom, it plays great, stays in tune well, but my only complaint with it is that the pickups feedback in an odd way, they dont feedback if I stand 5 feet away from the amp, with no hands touching strings, but the moment my hand touches the strings I start getting annoying kinda harmonic-y feedback. I've been advised to upgrade the pickups before, this is just more incentive for me.

I play classic rock, hard rock, punk and metal. I suppose a hard rock tone would cover most of that, however I want a pickup that can give me a distortion along the lines of Tool. A friend of mine told me a Seymour Duncan '59 would be good for me, how is it?
or get a gate for ur amp

it will eliminate the unneccessary noises made by ur guitar
...signature...
Would that fix it? How much do they cost?

I do actually like the tone of the stock pickups, if there's another solution short of replacing the pickups, I'm all ears.
what amp is it?
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
new pickups on that amp is a waste of cashes

save for a new amp. your ears will thank you
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Right, but Im kinda mainly looking to stop the annoying noises I get from my guitar. What do I need? A Compressor or a noise gate?
ah,

noise gate

like the ISP decimator

when you get your new amp itll still come in handy
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
try a different cable or try to hook your guitar through another amp and see if it still has that noise.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC