Well I loved the amp loud pretty nice for the price. I need help eqing the highs to be wamer and more mellow sounding like mike ammot just smooth. The lows i got the tone i want but just not the highs.

settings;
treb-8.5
mids-5-6
bass-7
presonce-6
renosonce-9
gain-8 with the boost on

so can anyone give me advice to get better less shrill more smooth highs?
O yeah i am playing through 4 texas high heat speakers from emince
Last edited by mike20mrb at Aug 21, 2008,
Turn up the bass one.

turn your treble down

turn up the gain, and turn the boost off.

Turn down the resonance maybe?

Turn up your mids a few points also.
from smooth ness bass down to 5, mids up to 10, treble on 5-6, gain 10 w. the boost of or 5 w. boost on.

Turn the prescence down a bit, it deals whith the treble and high mids and play w. the renosance.
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
Valveking
Treble: Dont take it past 5 (harsh and muddy doesnt clean up) 0-5 adjust to taste. Imagine 1-5 is your new 0-10
Middle: Dont take it past 8 (harsh and muddy doesnt clean up) 0-8 adjust to taste Imagine 1-8 is your new 0-10
Bass: Use as normal, but it lacks alot of bass so this were an EQ pedal helps out considerably
Presence:Use as normal - adds top end harmonics
Resonance:Use as normal - makes the bass response loose or tight
Texture knob:Clockwise Tight thrash tone, Counter Clockwise Loose and Modern but a bit muddy
Gain: Dont take past 7-8 or it will get muddy
Volume Button: In or out its a prefrence thing but at bedroom levels you might want to leave it out so you have more control over the volume knob.
Gain Button: Pushed In adds big boost of gain and highs.. Prefrence as well.

Loves OD pedals, best so far has been the Bad Monkey
Settings Level 10 Gain 0, But any OD pedal will work. Pretty much a must if your playing metal.

THANK YOU TO IBANEZPSYCHO FOR THIS LIST

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Guide on how to tame an amp:

1. Roll down everything to 0

2. Listen to your guitar's sound unplugged, then roll up the clean and adjust the treble to be matching your guitar's unplugged brightness.

3. Roll down the volume again and repeat process for bass, then for mids.

Now your amp'S EQ is on par with your guitar's capabilities, like a ground zero, from there you can adjust some stuff, like cutting a bit of treble to add more roundness to the sound etc, but remember, always on clean.

4. Roll the dirt all the way up and let it rip as it should be.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Quote by MakeItWitChu
Valveking
Treble: Dont take it past 5 (harsh and muddy doesnt clean up) 0-5 adjust to taste. Imagine 1-5 is your new 0-10
Middle: Dont take it past 8 (harsh and muddy doesnt clean up) 0-8 adjust to taste Imagine 1-8 is your new 0-10
Bass: Use as normal, but it lacks alot of bass so this were an EQ pedal helps out considerably
Presence:Use as normal - adds top end harmonics
Resonance:Use as normal - makes the bass response loose or tight
Texture knob:Clockwise Tight thrash tone, Counter Clockwise Loose and Modern but a bit muddy
Gain: Dont take past 7-8 or it will get muddy
Volume Button: In or out its a prefrence thing but at bedroom levels you might want to leave it out so you have more control over the volume knob.
Gain Button: Pushed In adds big boost of gain and highs.. Prefrence as well.

Loves OD pedals, best so far has been the Bad Monkey
Settings Level 10 Gain 0, But any OD pedal will work. Pretty much a must if your playing metal.

THANK YOU TO IBANEZPSYCHO FOR THIS LIST

That's good for a guitar or another, but never and I shall repeat for the sake of it, never ever tweak an amp's eq after someone else's observations, they may use the same amp, but who knows what's plugged in it, no two rigs are the same.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Quote by Gäbe
That's good for a guitar or another, but never and I shall repeat for the sake of it, never ever tweak an amp's eq after someone else's observations, they may use the same amp, but who knows what's plugged in it, no two rigs are the same.

True, but this is a good guideline to start at.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by Gäbe

The guideline is pretty standard for any Valveking owner and is a general guide of work arounds for the quirks surrounding the amp. I havent heard any complaints

Also TS try these settings they should smooth things out for you...

Treble 4.5-5
Mids 8
Bass 5-6
Resonance 3
Presence 5-8
Gain 7-8
Gain boost- Off
Volume boost- Off
Texture Class A/B

Bad Monkey infront of amp- Level 10 Gain 0

If you dont have an OD pedal you can use the gain boost button but back off the gain at little usually keep it around 5-7.

Side note the gain boost is actually a diode clipping circuit which will actually make your tone pretty harsh and thin. So a Bad Monkey or any OD pedal used as a clean boost is a great thing to have around so you can bypass this by-product and will enable you use the amps tube saturation with improved gain and thightness.

Also a EQ pedal is also a great thing to have and will assist you in tone shaping.

Another trick is if you dont have anything already in the effects loop run a jumper on it. Get a short pedal cable or un used cable and connect the send to the return and it will improve you clarity.

If you have anymore questions hit me up or hit up everyone at the valveking thread.

And congrats on the purchase.
DOn't mean to revive a dead thread, but when you say that the resonance tightens or loosens the bass response, does that mean cranking it tightens or loosens?