I need to buy a practice amp because my Marshall stack is annoying to lug around for small practices and writing sessions with people and jamming, it will also be used for guitar gradings. Basically I dont want much wattage atall, just enough to make playing at bedroom levels sound good on a solid state. I need a very clean sound that can take to pedals well, for example a distortion pedal and it should be under £100 or $200.

So ... recommend my friends
Last edited by JamesGale at Aug 22, 2008,
yee vox ad15at or ad30vt
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I find the Vox muddy and that it's not amazing with some pedals. Obviously, it's a great practice amp, and if you're using your own distortion then it ought to be decent enough.

I've heard lots of good things about Epiphone's Valve Junior, though.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Vox Da5 or Roland MicroCube. Bedroom levels right? 5 watts is more than you need for that, won't need your distortion pedal for either but it's a matter of taste. Try them both.
Vox AD15VT or Roland Cube 20.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
If you've already got pedals. Valve Junior combo hands down.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Agreed!
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
If you've got pedals and don't mind simplicity, a Valve Junior will do you well.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
okay so maybe a valve junior, will my ds-1 and ts-9 be enough to have a hard rock tone? then? wid a strat modded with a hs-3 in the bridge
otherwise you could check out the new peavey vypyr series, they seem to be like a spider but actually good, i tried one at guitar center, it has many stompboxes and effects in it but unlike other modeling amps you can actually tweak the effect controls. for 100 usd it the 15 watt practice model was very nice.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.