Ok, I have searched this and didn't find my problem anywhere. I know how to intonate, I've checked nut height, neck relief, strings are about three days old, so they should be fully stretched by now, no neck warpage, string height is consistent across the neck and there is no neck bow in either direction.

Now, I've intonated all the other strings perfectly, but the G string is sharp at the 12th fret.. So, I moved the saddle farther from the nut. It was still sharp, so I moved it farther, however now the saddle can't go any farther down, and the string is still sharp, so what can I do? By the way, the guitar is an Epi Special 2, Tuneomatic.
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

Last edited by cloudjessie42 at Aug 21, 2008,
hummmm
could be a minor truss rod adjustement, but not something you wanna do yourself. might want to consider bringing it in to have re-set up

Im assuming standard tuning?

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Yes, I use standard tuning, sometimes drop d, using Light Top Heavy Bottoms. When I first put them on, I noticed the neck bowed towards me very, very slightly, and I considered moving the truss rod, but the neck got accustomed to the gauge I guess, but now it's perfectly flat.
Quote by Turkeyburger

Quote by BK202

well standard to drop D would only impact the intonation of your low E, so thats not a problem.

what gauge? anything 11 or lower you should be fine...how sharp is it on the 12th? If its under like an 1/8 or so then Id leave it, if its significantly off then you should really take it in...

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
The strings are Ernie ball 10-13-17-30-42-52. The g string is sharp by about 10-15 cents.
Quote by Turkeyburger

Quote by BK202

Quote by Tyler Durden
hummmm
could be a minor truss rod adjustement, but not something you wanna do yourself. might want to consider bringing it in to have re-set up

Set up is not an option, considering the guitar was 120 dollars. Might as well save up for a new guitar, then.
Quote by Turkeyburger

Quote by BK202

Sorry for bumping this topic but can anyone help with this?
Quote by Turkeyburger

Quote by BK202