Page 1 of 10
Well, it's finally done, and we're ready to unleash it upon you all. I'd like to thank everyone who contributed, as well as all the people who hung around the thread to help out. On the subject of the track listing, don't think that the 'better' songs got some of the more crucial placements, such as album openers or closers. It was so damned hard trying to make 40 songs work well together that it was more a matter of luck than anything. The songs that sounded like they'd end a disk were put at the end of one, the songs that sounded like they could be good openers were put at the beginnings. It doesn't relate to how good the songs are, it's just a certain quality that they need to have.

If someone would be so kind as to create a mirror or two for the album once some people have downloaded it, i think it would make things run much smoother.

and i don't think we should create a profile for this album like we did on the last one, as this one has 40 songs, and i don't want to have the profile screw up the tracklisting like it did with the last album. No profile for each disk or anything like that, just leave it at the downloads.

Now, without further ado, I give you Pitropolis: the second UG album.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D1Z0GCLX

mirror:
http://www.filedropper.com/theugalbum2-pitropolispart1
http://www.filedropper.com/theugalbum2-pitropolispart2
http://www.filedropper.com/theugalbum2-pitropolispart3
http://www.filedropper.com/theugalbum2-pitropolispart4
http://www.filedropper.com/theugalbum2-pitropolispart5
http://www.filedropper.com/theugalbum2-pitropolispart6
http://www.filedropper.com/theugalbum2-pitropolispart7
http://www.filedropper.com/theugalbum2-pitropolispart8

for those of you wondering what to do in order to download the album: once you get to the megaupload screen, there will be a three letter code at the top of the screen that you have to type in. you will then be taken to a screen where it asks you to wait so many seconds of you're not a premium user. once the countdown has stopped, you can click the button and download the album.
Last edited by Glen'sHeroicAct at Aug 22, 2008,
i cant download?
Quote by cliff_em_all
cof_median11 is a Child Rapist.

Quote by blink day 4 eva
Theres a mosquito that lives in my room and i let him bite me all the time and i let him live. It's our special deal. His name is "The Dude".

Quote by Babbs
cof_median11, you sick ****.
arg, how many people have never used megaupload?

you get to the megaupload screen, where there will be a three letter code at the top of the screen that you have to type in. you will then be taken to a screen where it asks you to wait so many seconds of you're not a premium user. once the countdown has stopped, you can click the button and download the album.

the ONLY way i'd want to do any profile work with it would to maybe post up SAMPLES from the album, not whole disks. but that's something to talk about in the near future, not right now.
oh
Quote by cliff_em_all
cof_median11 is a Child Rapist.

Quote by blink day 4 eva
Theres a mosquito that lives in my room and i let him bite me all the time and i let him live. It's our special deal. His name is "The Dude".

Quote by Babbs
cof_median11, you sick ****.
Downloading now.

Can't wait.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by MV4824

EDIT: 47 minutes remaining.. what am I going to do with myself??

Fap.
33 minutes remaining.

I've got a premium account at filedropper.com (with a 250gb limit!), so I'll make you all a mirror once I've downloaded it.

Thanks so much for everyone that's put in the effort, especially Glen'sHeroicAct and Bartdevil.

Can't wait to hear it!

Oh awesome, I'm definately getting this. Is the first up for download? Was it ever available for download?

BTW, thanks for everyone for making the effort to make it
What is this?

I guess it consists of music the pit has done through online recordings? Downloading now.

I think a torrent of this would be good, and quicker.
Is this from one of the UG Band thingies? You know the big group, or just various recordings.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Ah I'll download it in the morning, I'm quite looking forward to listening to it.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

What the hell is it exactly? Can someone explain this to me?
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
ugh........13%, and it started downloading when the thread started.

How far are you guys?

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by Gargantuan
ugh........13%, and it started downloading when the thread started.

How far are you guys?

31%.
Quote by HuckIt

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
"... wtf"
i got it in 12 minutes....
Quote by Smokey Amp
Aren't all voiceovers performed by Morgan Freeman?

I thought that was like a law or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1KI2Bxcx8M
^^^^ Please watch this! we need more views to win $20 000!
Last edited by Dumebuggy at Aug 21, 2008,
I need a suggestion:

When making my mirror, should I make it in 5 different links, or each 32mb's or something?

Or just a straight mirror...

EDIT: I'm thinking 5 links, so each would be 44.8mb's.
downloading
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by BGSM
I need a suggestion:

When making my mirror, should I make it in 5 different links, or each 32mb's or something?

Or just a straight mirror...

I hate splits. Go with a straight mirror.
Quote by HuckIt

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
"... wtf"
The place where I'm uploading it would be filedropper.com, which doesn't give waiting times or anything. Best uploading / downloading site IMO. I'm still thinking a split, so even the people with dial-up could download it (albeit taking ages).
Nearly done for me. I'm actually a bit excited.
Quote by HuckIt

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
"... wtf"
I'm kind of worried about the reviews now, what with the huge anticipation of the album that's been built up from all of this time spent waiting for it to be done, combined with the emphasis on the whole 3 disks' worth of material. although it means there will be many great songs on the album, it also means that it won't just be all of your favorite songs bunched up right next to each other. there will definitely be songs that breach people's taste genres, i assure you. But that's a good thing, as long as you're willing to give every song a chance. Songs i couldn't bare to keep from skipping when i first was working on the tracklisting are now songs I listen to all of the way through with no disappointment.

Here's the tracklisting:
DISK 1

The Overuse
Room 911 - Future
And the Clouds Will Part - Broken_Drum
The Ballad of Dave Capes - emr_steelmech
UG's Trick Sack - bartdevil_metal
You're All I Want - gallagher2006
Metal House - Vermintide
A Faraway Guitar - Dreadnought
Mask of Deceit - relapsebassist
Picture Show - VoodooChild15
Someday - samick007
Love Lost Lullaby - p4wnkkthx

DISK 2

Scenes from the Banning
Legend of the Broken Slide - meh!
Take Away Your Everything - druz15_UG
Just a Little - TeXaS_db
Don't Go - Sound of Friday
Three Part Rocker - Jackolas
Zenfidale - ANTHRAX†
Her Last Glance - Thedarkwolf
Motion - nexteyenate
Rain Bees - wiggyisgreat
There Are No Words to This - z4twenny
Four Dimensions - The2abraxis
Destroy(h)er - okaykiddo
Greenwoodside - korinaflyingv

DISK 3

The Remorse of Eternity
Lightphone - jimmy_neutron
Circles - rob.101
Guitar Lullaby - jimmyjimbo72
Left Behind - Trivium!
Syndrome - Sora 01
Long Gone Blues - Dimebag22
Black and White - Radio Addict
Life Through a Keyhole - Sweetbabyjezuz
One More Man on the Street- skagitup
Panama - Stratwizard
The Other Side of Me - nick dixon
Nightlife - Tom Martin
Melodie Der Tage - Bostonrocks
Hiding Place - Mr. B
Walpurgis - Your_Dad
Marching from the Sea- westo
Shades of Grey - Xiaoxi
600,000 - rabidguitarist

there's short little things at the beginning of each album (the ones titled after each album) that I stuck in, partially to link the themes of each album together, and partially to have some sort of overall concept, i suppose. that, and to have something i made on the album. if you don't like them, that's all right, they're only like a minute long each.

edit- with the tracklisting containing the names of the UGers who did each song, if you wanna look up some individual songs you can simply look up the UGer and check their profile, or ask them their myspace or what have you to listen to the song.
Last edited by Glen'sHeroicAct at Aug 21, 2008,
it wasn't always the closer, i was going with shades of grey by Xiaoxi, with rabid's track being before it. I thought rabid's epicness would set up shades of grey. However, after a lot of thinking and listening, i decided that shades of grey simply doesn't have enough melodic support for all of the stuff that goes on during the distorted part of the song. if you could hear the changes better get some atmosphere, it would have been the final track hands down, but the only really emotional parts are the clean guitar lead parts near the beginning and end of the song, which just doesn't give it the epicness it needs to be the final song on the album. However, i still think it had to be near the very end of the album, so i put it in second place to set up rabid's track. (although ending a song with a major 7 chord kinda dispels the darkness it would need to really flow into rabid's track)

edit- i asked the guys in the thread if they really thought as simple a title as "this is" would be suitable for such a long, and potentially epic, album, and they all thought that we should come up with something more interesting. Plus, this idea allowed for specific titles for each disk, rather than going with my original idea to simply name each disk "title of album [disk 1]"
add this as a sticky, and take the other sticky out???

30%
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)