The riffs in the 0:50s sounds kinda familiar. Not bad. Solo aint bad either. Bass works well.
I like it, but it seems pretty familiar in total. Looking forward to the finnished version. (And good to see another person from Ontario )

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=940327

edit: The other track of yours is better though, Its pretty awesome. But parts like 2:00 need some refinement. Good stuff keep going.
Quote by steven seagull
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
+1

You should always listen to this bird-man-woman-thing.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

What the fuck man!? That's SWEET

I think I might actually use that!

Last edited by gold_ninja101 at Aug 21, 2008,
Quote by gold_ninja101
The riffs in the 0:50s sounds kinda familiar. Not bad. Solo aint bad either. Bass works well.
I like it, but it seems pretty familiar in total. Looking forward to the finnished version. (And good to see another person from Ontario )

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=940327

edit: The other track of yours is better though, Its pretty awesome. But parts like 2:00 need some refinement. Good stuff keep going.

Thanks, I know it sounds familiar though... I find it hard to be original when it comes to this sort of style... I tried to do stuff that I haven't heard before, but if a certain part sounds like a different song to any of you guys, please tell me what that song is if you can remember it off the top of your head.
Sorry, I dont exactly know where its familiar from.
Quote by steven seagull
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
+1

You should always listen to this bird-man-woman-thing.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

What the fuck man!? That's SWEET

I think I might actually use that!

well, its a good simple rock song. It's good to hear stuff that isnt trying to be so complex and difficult to play. it has a good catchy rhythm, and the bass/backing guitar (im not sure which) works really well over the progression. Through some of it, it all seems to get jumbled up into noise... maybe panning or unique tones for each instrument would bring out their qualities and make it sound more 3-dimensional. However, you may want layered guitars or guitar and bass to sound as one, which is fine too, its all your choice. I don't love the heavy reverb on the drums.. it seems to take away from its power, rather than add to it. Towards the end, it seemed almost like the song jumped into the outro, like you were just looking for an excuse to end the song or something. Its a good outro, it just seemed so... plain maybe? i can't put my finger on it.

Its hard to say what's original anymore, since almost everything has been done, but i did enjoy it. I might have critiqued hard, but i hope it was all constructive, since i did enjoy the song a lot. its good to hear strong simple rock songs like this, that don't just copy another song (i didnt recognize the part gold_ninja did).

c4c please
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=940134

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Overall this was very good. There's really not much to say except that it was a little rough at some points, the guitar solo was good, but could possibly use some work it just seemed to sound like every other bluesy rock solo out there. The main riff was rather raw and very catchy which I liked.

Keep it up!
I like it man. Simple heavy rock, but 1 thing though. I think you should try to spice up the drums a little, maybe add some more fills, throw in some triplets or something. Overall awesome though..keep up the good work
the drums are very 80's sounding. the bassline really reminds me of muse for some reason. the guitar is pretty cool, but get's a bit monotonous quickly. more layers perhaps? your rythem tone is too close to your lead tone too. try expirmenting with clean/distorted/smoother/crunchy ect ect.
Too cool for a signature.
Nicely done.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots