no!
r thread.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
For some reason I hint the narrator is trying to call all those people who don't have the jobs they listed early in the video.. are stupid.
Quote by Blackholesun00
It's all in the bible. You can find it in the fiction section.

oooooo I'm so hxc.

Quote by Blackholesun00
It's all in the bible. You can find it in the fiction section.

oooooo I'm so hxc.

In the Barnes and Noble near here, they Bibles and religious fiction sections are next to each other.

It's hard to not move them sometimes, for the lulz.
Dont bother with this one. Its a guy that has selectivley read the bible who thinks he can prove an entire faith wrong.

EDIT: And most of the questions dont even make sense. I ahte these kind of people.
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
Last edited by Skully12 at Aug 21, 2008,
I did not watch the video past the 10 second mark, because I am not a Christian with a college education.
I like this guy. Even though it's an opinion, I like his video.

Lol @ Bible in the religious fiction section.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
people believe in god becuase they need to believe that someone is watching overthem, making things all right. they need to believe that they will get rewarded for their efforts
im an atheist, but i repsect other people religious beliefs...
so people who post up videos like that saying people who believe in god are just delusional have no idea what they're talking about.
some of the questions were interesting though.
what i hate is when people fught about which religion is right...
Quote by Iliaz
I got a quetion for cristians right here:

Where is your Messiah now??

Please tell me of this new religion. I have not once heard of it. He is a decent footballer but that is all.

My Messiah on the other hand is somewhere that I call heaven. I do not know what that place is or where it is but I'm promised it's good. That is all I need to know.

I've just read almost 200 pages from a well known Mathematician who coherently and succinctly argues an extremely convincing argument for why there MUST be a divine creator.
Quote by tyronelab

I've just read almost 200 pages from a well known Mathematician who coherently and succinctly argues an extremely convincing argument for why there MUST be a divine creator.

I know a very well known biologist named Richard Dawkins who thinks otherwise.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by wind_on_fire
people believe in god becuase they need to believe that someone is watching overthem, making things all right. they need to believe that they will get rewarded for their efforts
so people who post up videos like that saying people who believe in god are just delusional have no idea what they're talking about.

Yea that's cool. I'm a Christian but not really die hard i just believe in God because I cannot wrap my mind about how complex some things in the world are. Its hard to explain but it just feels right. Theres a lot more out there in the universe than many people believe. But as for calling out someone for being an atheist or for what they believe is not my job to do that or my place to talk.
Quote by wind_on_fire

yeah, I hate it when people argue over which religion is right. It isn't like someone from one religion is going to convert someone from another by arguing. And people like the guy in the video aren't going to convince anyone either, they just make themselves look like a fool.

What bothers me though is how people seem to only give Christianity bs, I never hear any one go say stuff like what was in the video to Muslims or Hindus or Buddhists, or Sikhs, just Christians...
Last edited by ThroughOblivion at Aug 21, 2008,
Quote by ThroughOblivion
yeah, I hate it when people argue over which religion is right. It isn't like someone from one religion is going to convert someone from another by arguing. And people like the guy in the video aren't going to convince anyone either, they just make themselves look like a fool

What bothers me though is how people seem to only give Christianity bs, I never hear any one go say stuff like what was in the video to Muslims or Hindus or Buddhists, or Sikhs, just Christianity...

It'd be "racism" if they did.
Quote by ThroughOblivion
yeah, I hate it when people argue over which religion is right. It isn't like someone from one religion is going to convert someone from another by arguing. And people like the guy in the video aren't going to convince anyone either, they just make themselves look like a fool

What bothers me though is how people seem to only give Christianity bs, I never hear any one go say stuff like what was in the video to Muslims or Hindus or Buddhists, or Sikhs, just Christianity...

i never noticed that about christianity until you just mentioned it, but you are right(second paragraph). also that dude is a ****, just because he doesn't believe there is a god doesn't mean christians(me) are idiots.
Quote by Skully12
Dont bother with this one. Its a guy that has selectivley read the bible who thinks he can prove an entire faith wrong.

EDIT: And most of the questions dont even make sense. I ahte these kind of people.

This.
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

I like how everyone of his examples is premised on the ideas that:

1. Christian=someone who reads every part of the bible literally...
2. Christian=someone who believes God intervenes in their physical day to day lives.

I like the comment about all the unscientific things being "nonsense" ok, let's just destroy everything that is a product of the fine arts and humanities. If it's not natural science--if it doesn't reflect physical laws of nature--it must be "nonsense."

I'm as big a skeptic as they come, I love asking questions that force people to think about their beliefs, but this idiot's rhetorical approach was flawed to say the least.
'
If you're not reading the bible to include things like: allusion, metaphor, allegory, symbolism, cultural and textual context, parable, hyperbole, and a million other literary elements, you aren't really reading the bible, you're just looking at the words.

not to mention that the things we call "common sense" and "logic" are culturally created systems that have nothing to do with the natural world... oh wait they must be "nonsense" too!
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Aug 21, 2008,
Quote by Dirge Humani
Heaven. He died for our sins, remember?

+1

seriously, I don't see what the point is trying to disprove an entire religion. If you don't believe, that's fine. I'm not Jewish, but I'm not about to preach to the Jews that they're all wrong. Same for Muslims, and people of ANY belief.

Now, before everyone starts saying how Christians force their beliefs on other people, I realize that there are a large number of Christians who do this, and I apologize for them, because that is not right. I take pride in my faith, and I enjoy talking to people who have serious questions about Christianity. However, I don't force it on people, so please don't force Atheism on me. I mean, can't we all just agree to disagree?
^This

EDIT: By which I meant dullsilver_mike, although the video above me is good too.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
This guy's whole video is basically telling people who profess to be Christians that they are stupid for believing something that could not be true in his eyes.

To add to this, he apparently has no idea how literary devices work.

To put it more plainly, this man would likely read a book such as Animal Farm and think that animals could talk.
right...

with religion, a non linear thinking approach needs to be taken.

I cld answer all these questions and prove god does exist.

So... I can poo on this guys theory...
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Quote by dullsilver_mike
If you're not reading the bible to include things like: allusion, metaphor, allegory, symbolism, cultural and textual context, parable, hyperbole, and a million other literary elements, you aren't really reading the bible, you're just looking at the words.

I agree with you, but what do you have to say to fundamentalists?
Quote by Dirge Humani
I agree with you, but what do you have to say to fundamentalists?

They either don't know how to read, or have been brainwashed to the point where they can't read anything that has something to do with their own religion.

Also I don't think they get nearly as much as they could out of the bible and their own religous practice because of this inability to read.

Since they can't read properly, they are also at greater risk of being told what the bible means, and thus at a greater risk of being manipulated to do a lot of things that pretty much disagree with the sentiments of Christianity: Hence much of the current eveangelical movement in the US.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Aug 21, 2008,
cognitive dissonance for the win!
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Quote by dullsilver_mike
They either don't know how to read, or have been brainwashed to the point where they can't read anything that has something to do with their own religion.

Also I don't think they get nearly as much as they could out of the bible and their own religous practice because of this inability to read.

Since they can't read properly, they are also at greater risk of being told what the bible means, and thus at a greater risk of being manipulated to do a lot of things that pretty much disagree with the sentiments of Christianity: Hence much of the current eveangelical movement in the US.

You're a smart man. Have a cookie.
I read the 1st question he goes over and his "reasons" behind it, and I found two comments too add on the 1st question.

He asks "why won't God not heal amputees" - First off I would like to say that I personally believe EVERYTHING that happens in life is for a reason, it was meant to happen. (Like I said its my opinion, i'm not asking you to agree with me) So since I believe this, I believe there is a reason people ARE amputees. The first thing that came to my mind about why someone would be an amputee would be that they could make the world a better place, just by being as positive as possible. Then people could look at them and think, "wow he's missing his arms and he's STILL a happy person, there must be somthing special about him" Thats just an example but if there was a Christian who lived positive and stayed strong in his faith, people would notice and would see somthing differant about him.

Another flaw I saw in the video was the creator stated "Amputees get no miracles from God" I also believe that is false. Just because they dont "regenerate new limbs" does not mean they cannot recieve miracles. I believe it is the same as people praying about winning the lottery. I believe winning the lottery would also be a miracle, but its more than likely not going to happen. I think amputees could still recive miracles, just not exactly how they want or expect it to happen. I believe (once again i say I believe, not saying you have to agree with me) that God knows ALOT more than we do, and he knows what should happen, not what we want. So I think God knows exactly what he's doing and whatever happens, happens for a reason.

My two cents.

EDIT: I just watched questions 7-10 and I literally "lol'ed" at how stupid and flawed the questions were. I didn't even have to think more than 5 seconds to come up with a response to his questions, and i'm just a 16 yr old in highschool...
Last edited by Jeremy Clark at Aug 21, 2008,
Quote by Ozzmark
I do not personally believe in god. But hell, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de7kisfQ1vY&feature=related that video just dominates those questions.

Completley and utterly OWNED.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by JeanMi36
I know a very well known biologist named Richard Dawkins who thinks otherwise.

John Lennox knows him as well. It's funny how Dawkins has so many books written about what he says that refute what he says.

In the book by John Lennox he quotes Dawkins many times and shows how contradictory he can be at some times. He uses some of Dawkins quotes to convincingly show that Dawkins quotes themselves prove that it is more likely there is a divine creator. He actually doesn't just leave his explanation at the physics (easiest part of science to prove divine creation) but he goes fully into evolution and biology. He even shows how it is not simple a 'God of the gaps' for explanation, and how some scientists may even be using an 'evolution of the gaps' to explain what they haven't evidence for.