Hey, I wrote this in the early hours of this morning, at the moment its an instrumental but I may or may not add vocals+lyrics later as it sounds quite good as it is. This song is quite personal to me and what it means to me, influenced by things in the past and how I am currently feeling.

I really have no idea what genre this is, you tell me, but its slow, maybe atmospheric.

Let me know what you think. Possible improvements, what you would think about it having vocals?

Cheers

EDIT: I will eventually record this, probally when I get an acoustic guitar. Sorry I forgot to mention if you want me to have a look and rate any of your songs give me a link.
Attachments:
Outlying Sentiment.zip
Last edited by noodlenick at Aug 22, 2008,
Wow. This has to be one of favorite songs on here. Just everything about this was perfect, from the drums to the guitars and the synth. It's funny because I've messed around with this same progression before and it's one of my favorites to play. It very much reminded me of Explosions In The Sky which is very awesome. In my opinion, this sounds just fine the way it is, keep it as an instrumental track there is no need for vocals. There is nothing I can think of off the top of my head about improvements. This was seriously a great song.
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
beautiful. i like how it was peaceful the whole time, like how you still kept the mood, even when the distortion came in. you could totally get away with using this as just an instrumental
wow, first of all: that song is great

The only thing that could be improvable is the solo, it isn;t bad or anything, but in the music I normally listen to it would be a lot different like sugar mice from marrilion xd

good job

edit: after a second listen I think it sounds like porcupine tree. So maybe you should add little vocals and listen to them
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Aug 22, 2008,
Thanks for the crit.

This was a very cool piece! Everything blended together very well..

It got really cool at 25-33. Sounds kind of like Alexisonfire, sort of.

The delayed jazz guitars were cool, or just volume swells. It sounded like a delay type thing. Which was cool!

57 was a good variation on the main section, and at 65 it got even more awesome!

At 81, somehow! It managed to get even more awesome!
The transition was perfect.

It was a bit abrubt at 97. I think everything cut out too fast, but the acoustic faded back very nicely, and the bit with just the acoustic and the pad was very nice!
And when the delayed jazz guitar came in every now and then, that was cool!

And I like how it faded out, perfect ending!

This is by far, one of my favourites peices on here!
Amazing job!

I'd like to hear it recorded!

159/10.

x
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.