no strings, thus it will sound better.... what kinda stuff do you play
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by CaptainJack666
no strings, thus it will sound better.... what kinda stuff do you play

I play grunge music. Any particular strings for grunge?
Dean Markley Blue Steels
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
throw that thing away and then buy a new bass your get newish strings with a new bass
HAVE A NICE DAY!
Quote by thegreenmile
throw that thing away and then buy a new bass your get newish strings with a new bass

You're hilarious.
It actually was pretty funny. No one here is really too fond of epiphone anything, so...
However, and more on topic, there is no set string choice for certain genre of music, just go out and buy a few sets and see which land closest to your desired tone.
Ernie ball?
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Although, to semi contradict myself, bass strings are mildly expensive (at least around these parts) so, I would say just go with what you know and try different brands every now and then. That's how I landed on D'addario.
Many here use rotosound so you probably can't go wrong with them, your bass on the other hand...
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
Many here use rotosound so you probably can't go wrong with them, your bass on the other hand...

Thunderbirds are ****? I know
Quote by Deliriumbassist
If many people jumped off a bridge, would that mean you can't go wrong in doing the same?

Probably.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
If many people jumped off a bridge, would that mean you can't go wrong in doing the same?

It all depends on how good of a speaker the guy leading the jump is...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

I personally don't use rotosound, I prefer D'Addario flats.
Next time I'll recommend stadium elites.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
I personally don't use rotosound, I prefer D'Addario flats.
Next time I'll recommend stadium elites.

I will jump off of a bridge for you, sir. Well spoken.
Quote by AmazingAtheist
Meh. I guess I will. Jaco used Rotosound strings....I might use those.

Why didn't you use that type of thinking when you bought a bass?!?!?!?

But enough of critizing you, I either use Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkies or Rotosound Swing 66's. Beware though, the Ernie Ball's go dead pretty quickly
We get it guys, you don't like thunderbirds. It doesn't need to be mentioned every freaking time a thread comes up mentioning one.

Anyways, I just switched strings and decided to get rotosounds. I like them.
Quote by Zycho
We get it guys, you don't like thunderbirds. It doesn't need to be mentioned every freaking time a thread comes up mentioning one.

...Wait, what? We don't? Crap, I knew I should have been paying attention. Be right back, gotta go try to catch my opinion up to everyone else's.

On topic, do we not have a string portion in our FAQ? Here's why I ask: I'm too lazy to actually go check myself. But, no matter what the answer, I realize now that the best thing to do is ask. Because if we do have a bit on strings, then we could redirect TS there, and he would be one more light in the fight to illuminate forum users on the wonders of the FAQ thread. On the other hand, if we do not have a bit on strings, well, then we now have a great, empirically based reason why a string section should be added to the FAQ.

It's a win-win kind of thing, and it's how I win at Risk.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
This must be a troll. Who the hell mentions what bass they have when asking for strings? I mean REALLY? Threadstarter knows the T-Bird is a bombshell subject. He's just trying to be cute about it.

And goest, for quoting my blog!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..