Hey
Is there a knack to feeding the pickup's wire through to the control cavity? I just bought some SD pickups, and ive spent an hour trying to get the wires through.
Any help is appreciated
Errm, where does it go wrong? Explain your problem in detail.

edit: Wow, you've been at it for nearly 13 hours? Holy hell...
Quote by Pikka Bird
Errm, where does it go wrong? Explain your problem in detail.

edit: Wow, you've been at it for nearly 13 hours? Holy hell...

I slept for like 8 of those hours, but the other 5...
I'm pushing the first one through, and its all good, but i dont think theres enough room for the second one. I tried both at the same time, but im not sure that works either, or if its just my lack of experience with chopsticks.
make the whole a bit bigger with a drill!!!! then im sure it will be fine mert
Try putting a piece of string through the other way and tie it around the very ends of the pickup's leads and then pull them through.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Try putting a piece of string through the other way and tie it around the very ends of the pickup's leads and then pull them through.

The string thing didnt work, the leads just got stick on the way in. That hole, where you screw the saddle pins in, i can see it inside the cave where i need to push these pickups things through. Is there a way of taking it out, so it clears the cave?
Were the pickups that you took out 2 conductor ones?? It could just be that the hole is too small for the wire on the SD pickups, and you need to make it bigger for the wire to fit!
Quote by mark_wuk
Were the pickups that you took out 2 conductor ones?? It could just be that the hole is too small for the wire on the SD pickups, and you need to make it bigger for the wire to fit!

Yeah, i think thats the problem then. How do I make it bigger without killing my guitar? Ive just finished repainting and whatnot, i don't want it to be a waste
Right, so I've only worked on an Epi SG - so your guitar my vary!!

If you are trying to get from the pickups to the control cavity, use drill, and go from the top through to the back.

Use a long drill bit, so the chuck doesn't get near the finish of the guitar anywhere - from what I remember when I did the same thing to my SG - which I don't have any more to look at - it's only a really small distance to drill through. If that doesn't make any sense for the configuration of your guitar, post pics!
In the first pic, you can see the saddle pin thing thats in my way. I need to take this out?

And in the second pic, thats -because of that pin thing- the hole im trying to get through
Attachments:
sg1.JPG
sg2.JPG
^I think the technical tern is "bridge post bushing".

What you'll need to do it find a long-ish screw that fits into the bushing. Then you drop something like a tiny pebble or a ball bearing into the hole (it has to hit the bottom) and start screwing the screw in there. When it's all the way in there just keep screwing and the bushing should start to lift itself out.

You might want to carefully score around it with an exacto knife or something so it doesn't yank a chip of paint off with it.
Quote by Pikka Bird
^I think the technical tern is "bridge post bushing".

What you'll need to do it find a long-ish screw that fits into the bushing. Then you drop something like a tiny pebble or a ball bearing into the hole (it has to hit the bottom) and start screwing the screw in there. When it's all the way in there just keep screwing and the bushing should start to lift itself out.

You might want to carefully score around it with an exacto knife or something so it doesn't yank a chip of paint off with it.

Will it work if i use the screw thats actually meant to be in there? Or will it damage the screw?
It won't damage it, but it probably won't be long enough... The idea is that the end of the screw goes all the way through to the bottom of the hole, and forces the bushing out because you keep screwing it in. And bridge posts are too short to reach all the way.

Edit: I made a mind-error... Of course, if you have something oblong (like a smaller screw or just a small rod of something hard, and don't get kinky now) you could just drop that in there and then use the bridge post...
Hokai

I've got the batty boy out now, but when I try putting it back in, it crushes the pickup leads underneath, and won't go in all the way. Any suggestions? Keyhole surgery must be easier than this.