Page 1 of 2
do any of you feel like you are the only ones maturing/ growing up?

i look around me and everyone i have known since forever is the same..im the only one growing up...they are all still really immature and think they are maturing or growing up or whatever...leading everyone..

i just noticed its becoming a sad epidemic
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
Quote by amazing FretMan

i look around me and everyone i have known since forever is the same..im the only one growing up...they are all still really immature and think they are maturing or growing up or whatever...leading everyone..

Yeah you're great.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Yeah you're great.

sarcasm im guessing
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Quote by Jaymz_515
Lol boobz.

Big boobz.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
ahh of course the pit..haha
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Quote by InvaderTSN
lawl hot

lawl bikinis
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by caskettheclown
i feel the exact same way man
thats why i dont have a whole lot of friends.

yeah...i have 2 friends and they are both mature intelligent people...but they are to nice for their own good...people are lame and society is gonna fail within the next 2 decades
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Psh, "maturity" is overrated. Oh look at my goatee maan. Look at my Macbook as I stroke my goatee, and at the same time drink my coffee from Starbucks. Hm, yes, quite. My thought processes are way too deep for anyone to ever understaaaaaand.

What is maturity exactly? Being more responsible about work? Then I'm mature I suppose. Is it about having my head so far up my ass I don't like to goof around, and only want to carry out intellectual conversations with my fellow people, than I guess not. I know a lot of "mature" people like that. I'll take the "life iznt srz biznez" approach to things, it's much more fun.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Psh, "maturity" is overrated. Oh look at my goatee maan. Look at my Macbook as I stroke my goatee, and at the same time drink my coffee from Starbucks. Hm, yes, quite. My thought processes are way too deep for anyone to ever understaaaaaand.

What is maturity exactly? Being more responsible about work? Then I'm mature I suppose. Is it about having my head so far up my ass I don't like to goof around, and only want to carry out intellectual conversations with my fellow people, than I guess not. I know a lot of "mature" people like that. I'll take the "life iznt srz biznez" approach to things, it's much more fun.

Willies.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
Seems to me that everybody thinks that they are older than they actually are.

My body reminds me of my age every morning when I get up. It sucks being an 18yo stuck in a 50yo body. But hey I can buy beer without having any ID on me.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by icaneatcatfood

haha forget it pit...almost none of you understand what im getting at

i know you cant define maturity or stupidity...but most people do have a common meaning of it
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Quote by amazing FretMan

maybe because you failed the third grade 8 times
I'm pretty much the opposite of you. I can feel time going by and myself getting older, but I don't feel any smarter. Which wouldn't be a problem, but just about everyone around me is like you- leaving their childhood (and people like me) behind and becoming "mature". Sometimes it's like I'm just a spectator in my own life.

I never want to "grow up" and mature. You know when you're little and you always want to be older, and then once people hit a certain age they start wishing they were "young" again...well I like where I'm at now. If I could stay 18 (and an immature idiot that has a **** ton of fun) forever, that would be fine with me.
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
-Bob Dylan

Quote by Freezer Burn

Congratz on the having the longest wall of text ever!

Quote by icaneatcatfood
What is your common meaning of it?

to me, being mature is to stop acting like a child/ having some bit of a brain, stop being so self centered and bragging about what you arent..and stop conforming to other peoples standards..stop trying to lie to yourself so others think your cool...alot of people like me but because they are dumb asses i have nothing to do with them...

people like what im talking about are anchors to life
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
yea dude know exactly how you feel, but not with everyone, like half my friends still shout out "bollox" and stuff like that and then collapse laughin, it was funny like 2 years ago but theyre still doin it and im gettin really sick of it, and then you get the kinda mature people who will laugh at that shi.t just to fit in, that pisses me off even more
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

Quote by toaster_poodle
I'm pretty much the opposite of you. I can feel time going by and myself getting older, but I don't feel any smarter. Which wouldn't be a problem, but just about everyone around me is like you- leaving their childhood (and people like me) behind and becoming "mature". Sometimes it's like I'm just a spectator in my own life.

I never want to "grow up" and mature. You know when you're little and you always want to be older, and then once people hit a certain age they start wishing they were "young" again...well I like where I'm at now. If I could stay 18 (and an immature idiot that has a **** ton of fun) forever, that would be fine with me.

yeah dude..im 17 i know what your saying...being mature doesnt mean not having fun..it just means stop being ignorant...i guess i just hate ignorant/arrogant people
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Quote by munkymanmatt
yea dude know exactly how you feel, but not with everyone, like half my friends still shout out "bollox" and stuff like that and then collapse laughin, it was funny like 2 years ago but theyre still doin it and im gettin really sick of it, and then you get the kinda mature people who will laugh at that shi.t just to fit in, that pisses me off even more

*tips hat*

you sir, know how i feel
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
things get longer and unexpected bushes appear. maybe youll start smelling...and oh whats that protrusion there!?!? and whoa, if you accidentally spit on it and rub it against something soft it feels great!?!?!?
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by kevC4
With time, everything grows up.

NOT A STALACTITE!!!

tl;dr : IM BETTER THAN YOU
I've had those thoughts before, but really, other people are probably saying the same thing. I can't physically see these people growing up, while I know I am growing up, but another person might say the same thing as well.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Quote by icaneatcatfood

I agree, I believe there is a balance to having a good time and also being an intelligent person. It's all about choosing how you want to act at a given time.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst 500t/490r
Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier Rect-O-Verb Series 2 Head
Carvin vt412 4x12 cabinet
Quote by amazing FretMan
yeah dude..im 17 i know what your saying...being mature doesnt mean not having fun..it just means stop being ignorant...i guess i just hate ignorant/arrogant people

Everybody hates arrogant ignorant people. Maturity has nothing to do with either.
Maturity means keeping your word. It means having the self discipline to complete things you don't want to do. It means taking responsibility for your actions. It means making choices that may not benefit yourself. It means respecting other people and giving them the dignity any human deserves even while wanting to choke the living shit out of them. It means stepping forward and helping when others aren't. It means you take pride in what you do.
It has nothing to do with arrogance or ignorance.
And it has nothing to do with my sense of humor being stuck in eighth grade.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by kevC4
With time, everything grows up.

I beg to differ
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
Quote by amazing FretMan

Everyone grows up. Why are you in such a rush?

The ability to act like a kid sometimes is a gift that you should never let go of. Seize every opportunity to not need to cling onto your worries and just let everything go. Go puddle hopping. Build a sand castle and then DESTROY it! Go dance in the rain.

Seriously. Why the rush? You're only 16.

I guess what I'm saying, is take serious stuff seriously, but don't make 'being adult' your life. It'll turn you into a boring blowhard. Do something kid like. Go dig up worms. Play on a swingset.
Last edited by skeptopotamus at Aug 21, 2008,
yeah im noticing that also, im also noticing how immature my GF is and how she needs to stop acting like my mom. but yeah most defintely i notice it alot. i also hated how i would make jokes and they would be funny if your were mature or you would get them if your were mature then i had to immature it down so they would get it and they would piss themselves laughing, but it wasnt the same LOL.
*sigh* thumbs up for the people that get it...thumbs up for the people who question my thoughts but in a good way

and thumbs down to everyone else...except the witty pictures hahahahahaha
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Quote by Jackal58
Everybody hates arrogant ignorant people. Maturity has nothing to do with either.
Maturity means keeping your word. It means having the self discipline to complete things you don't want to do. It means taking responsibility for your actions. It means making choices that may not benefit yourself. It means respecting other people and giving them the dignity any human deserves even while wanting to choke the living shit out of them. It means stepping forward and helping when others aren't. It means you take pride in what you do.
It has nothing to do with arrogance or ignorance.
And it has nothing to do with my sense of humor being stuck in eighth grade.

i beg to differ, and apparently so do you, youre being self contradictory(right word?)

arrogant people have no respect for anyone but themselves, they think they are above everyone else, a mature person would realise that they are not, and everyone deserves respect and dignity

and yes there are obviously mature and arrogant people out there...

ignorance: pretty much the same, a mature person knows that everyone deserves to be treated equally, an ignorant person thinks they dont have to respect other people,
unless you meant ignorant like uneducated, maturity has nothing to do with ignorance in that sense
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

Quote by munkymanmatt
i beg to differ, and apparently so do you, youre being self contradictory(right word?)

arrogant people have no respect for anyone but themselves, they think they are above everyone else, a mature person would realise that they are not, and everyone deserves respect and dignity

and yes there are obviously mature and arrogant people out there...

ignorance: pretty much the same, a mature person knows that everyone deserves to be treated equally, an ignorant person thinks they dont have to respect other people,
unless you meant ignorant like uneducated, maturity has nothing to do with ignorance in that sense

dude...keep em coming you genius you!

dude you are a kid i would hang out with...and yes the right word is self contradictory
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Page 1 of 2