I'm looking at and trying to decide between either a Vox Valvetronix XL 15, 20, or 30 or a Roland Cube 30X.

My budget is about $300
I play metal, like Metallica and Rammstein
The main use will be Bedroom practice and playing for friends at parties.

I've heard that the XL versions of the valvetronix are worse than the originals, even when it comes to hi-gain stuff. Any truth to this?

Can someone help me out in deciding?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Roland would be perfect. they say the XLs have bad cleans.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
The roland? what's a roland??? sounds like a crappy amp to me...

lol, just joking with you... the reason I was interested in the Vox was it was 100 bucks less which is very good considering I have to buy new football cleats this weekend too,
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
The roland? what's a roland??? sounds like a crappy amp to me...

lol, just joking with you... the reason I was interested in the Vox was it was 100 bucks less which is very good considering I have to buy new football cleats this weekend too,

You get what you pay for.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
why only those two?

do you think a Crate, Vypyr or Superchamp would work for example? Ok, maybe not the Superchamp. he he

I checked out the crate and vypyr, I guess I wasnt considering them because A) theyre not at the store I went to... B) vox and cube are some of the most popular and acclaimed practice amps out there for my style...

so, the vypyr has lots of modeling... does that include a rectifier?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

not sure but Thefrigginbob did a nice write-up in the Ultimate Peavey Vypyr Thread.

and hot damn i don't want to get called out for recommending these two only I'm just throwing stuff out there that might work to see if you can expand options. I respect the fact that neither were in the store and playing is believing. Some are simply saying that the Vypyr is blowing away the Roland Cube and Valvetronix.

I personally have not played any of these so please don't listen to me.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 22, 2008,

and hot damn i don't want to get called out for recommending these two only I'm just throwing stuff out there that might work to see if you can expand options. I respect the fact that neither were in the store and playing is believing. Some are simply saying that the Vypyr is blowing away the Roland Cube and Valvetronix.

dude its cool, I wasnt calling you out.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

Quote by VanTheKraut
dude its cool, I wasnt calling you out.

hahaha

i was actually calling myself out. i just told someone else to expand their list and they were asking about a Crate vs Vyper. I'm just asking people to expand beyond 2 choices unless they have truely gone from a long list and narrowed down to two.
cheers and good luck
thanks
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie