well, pit i need your advice.
ive been studying acting now for years and im currently 17 and getting to that stage where i need to get into the industry somehow. anyway im a comedy actor and i know by now that i am generally a funny person, either through jokes or just randomness.
now i recently had an idea about sending my material to the BBC in london.
this year i have come up with some of my best ideas for a sketch show im working on and i was thinking of sending that with sum scripts and details. also i was thinking about filming me on the streets doing really stupid and random things in public and too people like Tom Green but the english version.
anyhow i reckon it would be a good idea to send all my ideas and some footage to the BBC and see what they think because i have heard before that people send things in and if the BBC like it, they make it into a proper show and i think i have good potential (modest much??)

so pit... should i do this?
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
don't send your stuff in. find offices of agents and higher up people and keep going there until you can give your material to them. going there yourself seems like a better idea
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
post it here first and we'll if its crap or not

UG is certainly a worthy jury
I think its a great thing to try... I, personally would leave out the thing on the street, but you might like it...
totally go thorough with it!
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Sounds like a good idea

Send it to all the other major channels like ITV Channel 4 and maybe SKy as well

Good luck with it mate
cheers for your support guys, well... some of you lol and yeah ill definately try it and ill post it on youtube and when its done, ill send a link and post it in the pit.
xxx

Quote by Dirge Humani
You're not funny.

You know how I know?

You describe yourself as random. Generally, that just means you act like a tool in public.

+100000
people who describe themselves as funny are not funny.

jk, try never surrender...
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by Dirge Humani
You're not funny.

You know how I know?

You describe yourself as random. Generally, that just means you act like a tool in public.

This
Quote by cheeseman3001
don't send your stuff in. find offices of agents and higher up people and keep going there until you can give your material to them. going there yourself seems like a better idea

+10. my brother does producing work and he finds it hard to get anywhere. he's 24 btw.

ur a 'comedic' actor which makes it 10,000,000 times harder.

Unless you're a GENIUS and REVOLUTIONARY, BBC will take one look at their hot secretaries who said it was the same stuff they always get and write it off.

sorry mate but its the truth. i dont want to be mean, but the srteet idea has been done a zillion trillion times if all ur doin is being 'random'

skit idea on the other hand has initial potential and could get ur foot in the door, but you couldnt do it forever, unless ur john cleese, which ur not.

good luck anywho
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Quote by the agony scene
+100000
people who describe themselves as funny are not funny.

no seriously. i know everyone probably thinks that i had some random person laugh whilst telling them a joke and then officially thought i was funny but through the years, the 1 thing i like about myself is my sense of humour and ive been told how funny i am by enough people to know it, ive been on stage and made loads of people laugh. trust me, i really do think im good enough.
xxx

Quote by Dirge Humani
You're not funny.

You know how I know?

so true
RIDICULOUS BIG SIG!!!
Quote by kwidjibo1
no seriously. i know everyone probably thinks that i had some random person laugh whilst telling them a joke and then officially thought i was funny but through the years, the 1 thing i like about myself is my sense of humour and ive been told how funny i am by enough people to know it, ive been on stage and made loads of people laugh. trust me, i really do think im good enough.

Ok.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
actually.. from what some of you have said, the "random" will probably let me down and make it seem like im trying way too hard, im definately going to try and further my scripts and ideas. i dont know whether to try filming those because it will look amatuer with lack of probs, set, costume and so on
xxx

Quote by kwidjibo1

then you dont need us pit dwellers to tell you otherwise.

go do it

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Quote by kwidjibo1

Make me laugh with your next post.
I know it's just a pit post, and there's no reason to be formal at all, but judging from your post I will say: "don't write your own script."

Get a competent writer to take care of that for you, and start sending that script around. Doubt the BBC will take it though, aim a little lower to lower budget production companies and indie film groups, etc.

Or you could go to school for this for a few years so that you get a feel for the industry, that will probably up your odds of succeeding a few magnitudes.
Quote by kwidjibo1
actually.. from what some of you have said, the "random" will probably let me down and make it seem like im trying way too hard, im definately going to try and further my scripts and ideas. i dont know whether to try filming those because it will look amatuer with lack of probs, set, costume and so on

my best mate and his cuz were bored one day and filmed a funny as video on youtube called 'the chess game' .....or sumthin

they did the whole thing on the go with a camera phone in 45 mins.

look it up. its a black n white vid with text just like the old movies. who needs elaborate costumes when u have a good idea?

its like a good song. it doesnt need all this flash and snazz from a studio to be great. it just needs a good riff and performed well.

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Make me laugh with your next post.

well...im more of a physical actor, as in you really have to see me in action. being funny on the internet is as hard as steven hawking showing sarcasm really.
xxx

follow your dreams and do whatever it takes....and if you want to make a good impression show up and get in there face..make them know you are willing to do anything
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
Quote by kwidjibo1
well...im more of a physical actor, as in you really have to see me in action. being funny on the internet is as hard as steven hawking showing sarcasm really.

No. And why be so 1-dimensional? That will definitely make it tougher if you aren't even versatile enough to be funny in a text-based way.
Also i dont know if this will help but i have been taught by a really successful comedian who has worked with people like lee evans and is good friends with al murray, anyway he came into college one day to teach us about stand up, anyway i can easily gain contact with him through my tutor. he mite be able to help get me in there and maybe endorce it, anyway he is a good contact in the industry at my disposal.
xxx