i want a guitar that has a thin neck and is good for shreding i also want to play metallica, disturbed., and also some gnr and stuff it cant be more that 300 dollars and i am willing to look used plz help
Ibanez guitars have thin necks. Maybe look at RGs and stuff, not sure on models though.

So try them.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Not really familiar with Ibanez too much, but I'd say look for one of their used models. Again, not sure specifically, but I'm sure some people who know more about Ibanez or any other guitar will come in and help.

I just say Ibanez cause they have extremely thin necks.

EDIT: See? I was beaten already. Haha.
Ibanez RGs are a good place to start. They have Wizard necks that have a really nice and fast neck profile. They are also great metal axes with powerful pickups and kickass trems. You might wanna check out some Jacksons, particalurly the Soloist SL1 range. They are famous for Shred Metal.
Quote by eahilder
i want a guitar that has a thin neck and is good for shreding i also want to play metallica, disturbed., and also some gnr and stuff it cant be more that 300 dollars and i am willing to look used plz help

I wouldnt say Ibanez, they're below average material and TERRIBLE stock pickups... on most RG's, maybe a Jem or Prestige, I think those are the only Ibanez's I'd be caught dead with.

EDIT: You probably wont get a jem or prestige for 300, find another brand, a $300 RG wont do it for you.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VIO-LENT
Ibanez RGs are a good place to start. They have Wizard necks that have a really nice and fast neck profile. They are also great metal axes with powerful pickups and kickass trems. You might wanna check out some Jacksons, particalurly the Soloist SL1 range. They are famous for Shred Metal.

sorry for the double, but just a quick question to this kid... are you retarded?????

"powerful pickups" - they have some of the worst stock pickups in the world on the RGs

"kickass trem" - What??? the edge III IS THE WORST TREM EVER INVENTED, wont hold tune for 5 minutes... the rest of UG will agree

go back to the cave you live in troll,. seriously thats some **** advice...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Yeah, go for some Ibanez RGs or cheap Jacksons. Ibanez better for metal. Jacksons better for shredding. Although RGs have thinner necks than Jacksons but not by much.
I think you should still get the RG. For that budget, a low end RG is your best bet. Later on you could change pickups, but steer away from the ones with floating trems.
Generally, Agiles are good, but thats only been concerning the LPs that ive heard that. IIt might be good. I would get one, if you dont like it, you can always send it back.
This is very tricky as $300 is nothing for a decent guitar. The Ibanez RG is the obvious place to start as it's ideal for what you describe. The Edge III trems aren't the best but hell, we're only talking $300 here so you can hardly expect an Edge Zero or OFR for that kind of money!! I think the cheapest is the RG370 but I'm pretty sure that even that's over your buget unless you go used. An alternative is the 'S' series Ibanez as they have Wizard II necks too but also have the superior ZR trem. Unfortunately they will again be too expensive new.

Instead I'm going to suggest a Cort 'X' series, possibly an X-6. They make guitars for Ibanez as well as their own and the necks on the X series are very similar dimensions to the Wizard II. The X-6 may still be a little over buget but it's a hell of a guitar for the price.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
while i hate to admit it, since i hate them so, an ibanez is probably your best bet for that price, but if you get more, go jackson
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
IF you decide on an RG, don't get a tremolo if its the Edge III. I would honestly reccomend not getting a tremolo at all if your only style pertains to that.

Ive got the RG370DX, and the only bad part of it is the Edge III.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Either a jackson or an Ibanez S series.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
ive got an ibanez rg350dx and i can get pretty decent tones out of it. the pickups are a bit muddy and bad with cleans but they arent TERRIBLE.

also, for the love of god dont get a guitar with an edge 3 like i did.
If you want a floating bridge, an RG in that price range will fail miserably. I would recommend a jackson or schecter. Schecters don't really have thin necks though. I'd say jackson in this case will be your best bet. A cheap licensed floyd will be better than any edge III.
Quote by HighPotency
If you want a floating bridge, an RG in that price range will fail miserably. I would recommend a jackson or schecter. Schecters don't really have thin necks though. I'd say jackson in this case will be your best bet. A cheap licensed floyd will be better than any edge III.

not so true. my friend has a licenced floyd on his ltd that fails just as bad my edge 3.
ESP/LTD KH-202. GREAT guitar. but it costs 430.

Schecter Sunset Deluxe. AMAZING guitar. only 350.

look them up
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
I have an ibanez RG370DX. its not expensive but its still well made and i find it really enjoyable and easy to play. you're not going to get anything amazing for $300 so a cheap ibanez is probably what you want