I'm looking at buying a Taylor DN3 in a little while, and I was wondering if the Pit had any suggestions as to how I could get Guitar Center to lower their asking price (even if it's just a little)? I mean, is it possible to haggle with them? The guitar costs $1000. How do I go about this?
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

"Illegitimis nil carborundum"
Quote by metaldud536
Bring $990 and a holographic Charizard.

I'm not sure if you can, surely you can get a little bit off.
Quote by HelpTravesty
Hey everyone, SMOKE WEED!

It's raining blood from a lacerated sky.

bring what you want to spend, cash
say you have "x" amount of money and want to buy "x" guitar.

They fire a lot of GC, so the person who gets the least amount of sales or something gets kicked out from what I've heard. This is why they all try to sell you useless gear all the time. Use this info to your advantage.
Quote by moody07747

They fire a lot of GC, so the person who gets the least amount of sales or something gets kicked out from what I've heard. This is why they all try to sell you useless gear all the time. Use this info to your advantage.

They brainwashed me into wanting a Spider when i was a noob
I say I found a good used one for sale for about 70% of the sale price... they bring is down by 20% or so (on pedals, never bought a guitar from GC).
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Always be ready to walk away. And act like it too.

Quote by moody07747

That too.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
I got about 20% off on my strat. Just make them think they're the ones talking you into buying something.

Works everytime.

Also ask for something extra when you get them where you want them, like a pack of strings or something.
last.fm: last.fm/thrashmetal101
follow me on twitter
Quote by Sonicxlover
Emotionally, it makes me feel good. Physically, it makes me feel good.
they made me buy a drum kit, a motif es6, and a gumball from the things at the door when all i wanted was some strings.

*sarcasm*
Last edited by Brokntragedy at Aug 21, 2008,
haha. both my guitars i got from there i got like 50 dollars off the price. my strategy is to come with less money than the guitar costs. guitar center wants to sell stuff so bad they sold it to me for what i brought.lol
Quote by Brokntragedy
they made me buy a drum kit, a motif es6, and a gumball from the things at the door when all i wanted was some strings.

pwned
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
Quote by Brokntragedy

Haha, damn gum balls get you every time.
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

Tell them you want a discount for paying cash up-front instead of financing.

I got a used Fender Highway-One Jazz bass for $450 when they wanted $600 by telling them that.
you got 3 options:
1) work there
2) hold someone hostage
3) go with your mom and ask em for EXACTLY what you want but then act like you dont know anything (this only works with the ugly fat chicks that feel they need to be nice or the pedo that wants to get with u or ur mom) and they give you a huge discount

id do option 3, thats what i do haha i got the biggest warranty for my wireless and a dunlop crybaby for $10

EDIT: i found a 4th option, i did this when i was out of town

go in, make it obvious that you really really want whatever it is and then when you go to buy it say u gotta head out of town that day (say ur not from there) and ask how it can be shipped safely and theyll give you a discount on cases and stuff. i did that with my ESP Eclipse and got a case for like $45
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
Quote by ledfloyd7769
Tell them you want a discount for paying cash up-front instead of financing.

I got a used Fender Highway-One Jazz bass for $450 when they wanted $600 by telling them that.

Nice. I'll try that as well. I think I'll tell them in addition: "I'll buy the guitar, but since it's been a floor model for a while I would like the price lowered." Think that may help?

I'm hoping to pay around $925 or even $900 when it's all said and done... although, I'm not that great at haggling.

Thanks for the replies, guys.
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

Generally speaking, any time I want something I tell them I have about half of what it cost plus 5 or ten dollars. I see where they go from there. I don't buy guitars or amps there, just effects pedals and stuff like that.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
As long as you're giving them cash in the hand, and not a cheque, lay-buy, or hire purchase, haggle as much as you want.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat