i have a greg burton guitar...its a strat copy
i want to take it to put 3 humbuckers in it insted of the original singles
can and should it be done?
you would have to look under the plastic guard to see if there's room.

if there is room then you can buy an HSH guard and use that one for a Humbucker - single coil-Humbucker setup.

3 humbuckers doesn't make sense. for a lot of reasons, i'll get into if you take this over to the electric guitar section.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
not the right forum, but i'll give you a bit of info..

of course, anythings possible (well, almost..), so yes, it could be done.
the first obstacle would be the space isuue. You'd have to custom make a pickguard to fit the 3 humbuckers, and you'd have to make sure theres enough room underneath to fit them. (if there isn't, you'd need to grab a router and get to work..).
secondly, 3 humbuckers is kind of overkill, IMO. an HSH set up would make more sense to me.
if you want, you could always put in 3 single-sized humbuckers, like seymour duncan hotrails (just an example, theres lots more single sized hbs out there..). I think that'd be your best option..
you could always put in 3 single-sized humbuckers, like seymour duncan hotrails (just an example,

not sure about that part james.

hotrails (most all single sized hbs i've tried)
dont sound as full as full sized humbuckers, imo.

but i guess it also comes down to amp. so there's that.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Dammit! I seen this video on youtube a while ago and some guy was jamming with a HHH strat, and it was burning with raw tone!!! Anyway yes it's possile.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
but it's probably the amp he's using. ^

you can get tons of tonal possibilities using switches, you dont need the extra humbucker.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

With all those magnets under the strings (if you use 3 PAF sized pickups) wont you get string choke?
Why dont you cut your own pickguard to fit just two humbuckers? Then you'd have a unique guitar. I never seen a double bucker strat.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
There's plenty...google "Big Apple Stratocaster" for starters.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com