im taking mac1147 and im getting my ass whooped so far

my teacher explains something and book teaches another way and the book is not very helpful at all one of the worst math books i ever owned even the solutions manual is not very helpful doesnt show you methods or anything

my questions basically are
anybody using the book algebra and trigonometry twelfth edition by swokowski?

do you guys know a good website i could use for reference for this math problems im facing?

could you guys help me out with a few problems?

this is the problem that i need help with i hope i wrote down correctly
i need to to express the solution in interval for example (-infinity,1) U (2,infinity)

x^2(x+2) over (x+2)(x+1)

i dont understand how to do it

please help me out i been doing this crap since 5:00pm and now is 8:00pm and still got a bunch of homework i need to catch up

any help is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Give me your amp and I'll help you.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.

is kind like that but is with the greater than > less than < signs
and they use a line to plot the points and they use test values i cant seem to find something to help me out with this
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by stefan1988
is kind like that but is with the greater than > less than < signs
and they use a line to plot the points and they use test values i cant seem to find something to help me out with this

You just described what you had to do.

The Florida school system must suck if you are two years older than me and stuck with this.

We done this at 16/17 over here.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
The Florida school system must suck if you are two years older than me and stuck with this.

We done this at 16/17 over here.

i did some of this stuff in high school but i forgot alot of it now and the highest class i took in high school was trigonometry we are reviewing but the book is basically useless and the solution manual as well is really crap. my teacher gave me some notes but it was on more simple concepts

if the book wasnt so bad i be able to understand myself and learn it but is the lack of resources that i got at hand that has me by the balls
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by stefan1988

x^2(x+2) over (x+2)(x+1)

it's been a while but (x^3 + 2x^2) / (x^2 + 3x + 2) = (x - 1) remainder x+2
It's nearly 2 am and it's been a few years since I've had to do this. I also haven't done long division and just did it in my head.
Sorry to hijack your thread but I feel like a 5 year old doing this math equation right now. I'm doing a Matrix trying to find the determinant. I can do them, but I have a head cold and I can't think straight right now. I got it worked out on my calculator to 81. OK, now I gotta show my work.

I got it down to: -54 - 0 - 60 - (45 - 0 - 240) and it equals 81. How... When I work it out.. 45 - 0 - 240 = -195. And, -54 - 0 - 60 = -144.

-144 - (-195) = 51. What am I doing wrong?
Sorry to hijack your thread but I feel like a 5 year old doing this math equation right now. I'm doing a Matrix trying to find the determinant. I can do them, but I have a head cold and I can't think straight right now. I got it worked out on my calculator to 81. OK, now I gotta show my work.

I got it down to: -54 - 0 - 60 - (45 - 0 - 240) and it equals 81. How... When I work it out.. 45 - 0 - 240 = -195. And, -54 - 0 - 60 = -144.

-144 - (-195) = 51. What am I doing wrong?

i dont remember how to do those well but are you distributing the - sign?

it's been a while but (x^3 + 2x^2) / (x^2 + 3x + 2) = (x - 1) remainder x+2
It's nearly 2 am and it's been a few years since I've had to do this. I also haven't done long division and just did it in my head.

thats not it
the problem ask for interval notation you divided the whole thing because you use an equal sign but here on thsi problem we are suing > and <
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff