Page 1 of 2
Hello, Pit. My Pre-calc teacher asked us to find out what an example of a triangle with 2 right angles is. Any ideas? Thanks

Edit: Answer=
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
Quote by tbsff_7
good luck with that! if the world have a nuclear war 3 things would survive; cockroaches, twinkies, and boss pedals
Last edited by /Qwertytrewq\ at Aug 22, 2008,
Your teacher is pulling your leg.

AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR

yeah
thats impossible
unless.....
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
The Pit needs a Math thread this is like the 5th math question thread.
Quote by Morgy
Your teacher is pulling your leg.

I thought the same thing to be honest
I just thought I was wrong and would learn something cool.

Quote by GiantRaven
I'm suprised you can't work it out...its pretty simple

Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
Quote by tbsff_7
good luck with that! if the world have a nuclear war 3 things would survive; cockroaches, twinkies, and boss pedals
I don't think there can be two right angles in a triangle unless you divide by zero!!

edit; beaten to it.
ask gene simmons cuase he knows everything about anything its in his big red book of everything
HAVE A NICE DAY!
Quote by InvaderTSN
2 right angles = 180 degrees.

A triangle has 3 sides and equals 180 degrees.

It doesn't work.

I would listen to this man.
He is asian after all.
And we are the source of all math knowledge in the universe.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
draw an equlateral or any non right triangle and drop a perpendicular line to the bottom side from the top angle. giving you "2" right triangles put back to back, making one triangle.

if thats not the answer then there is none. triangles add up to 180 degrees, so do 2 right triangles.
90 + 90 = 180.

How many degrees are there in a triangle? 180.

How many angles are there in a triangle? 3.

Right angle = 90.

180/3 = 60.

Impossible.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by /Qwertytrewq\
Hello, Pit. My Pre-calc teacher asked us to find out what an example of a triangle with 2 right angles is. Any ideas? Thanks

its impossible. tell ur teacher to get ****ed. a triangle is made of 3 sides, the internal angles total up to 180. if two sides are 90 each...

honestly

tell him to get ****ed for his **** teaching.
Ibanez RG350ex
draw an isolesse (sorry about spelling) triangle and put a line through the middle
my hovercraft is full of eels
Quote by chris024
draw an equlateral or any non right triangle and drop a perpendicular line to the bottom side from the top angle. giving you "2" right triangles put back to back, making one triangle.

if thats not the answer then there is none. triangles add up to 180 degrees, so do 2 right triangles.

I guess!
Geometry was not my forte
Quote by Mauri_wario
Quote by tbsff_7
Quote by brandon369852
Well, it's sorta like this.

that is not a triangle dip****. a triangle is a complete shape consisiting of 3 sides.
Ibanez RG350ex
Quote by /Qwertytrewq\

impossible
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.

2 right angles inside a triangle. It could be a trick question like that!
Uh, just set one triangle within the other? Don't contort them at all, except for making them smaller.

:-/
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
It does work. It's called non-euclidean geometry.

Join two points on the earths equator and the north pole as a triangle and it's angles will be greater than 180 degrees.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Quote by GerGuam

2 right angles inside a triangle. It could be a trick question like that!

But that's 2 triangles.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by chris024

+1

Basic stuff.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by bono_b
that is not a triangle dip****. a triangle is a complete shape consisiting of 3 sides.

that was his point. why are you getting so offensive over a math problem?

My mind is going. I can feel it.
if the triangle is on a sphere it can have all 3 right angles, you teacher wasnt pulling your leg
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by bono_b

Wait, what!?! A triangle has three sides?! What the fuck!!

You're a jackass.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Perhaps put it on a concave surface? I hear that changes the degrees of the angles...Otherwise I have no slight clue.
Quote by InvaderTSN
I'm intrigued. Do you have a diagram?

Google image results
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
You're doing it wrong.

It's impossible.

EDIT: To all you people who say you can do it if it was on a circle... you're still doing it wrong; if it has depth, its not a triangle, its a pyramid...
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Aug 21, 2008,
Quote by JeanMi36
But that's 2 triangles.

Think of the line in the middle only extending to half way up the middle or something. I should've made it dotted so the nitpickers couldn't complain. The real intent is rather obvious but people still feel the need to point out possible errors
If you were honestly thinking the I just drew 2 right triangles back to back to form a big triangle then I am sorry and the above statement does not apply to you.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
that is interesting, but it's not really a triangle is it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Euclidean_geometry

It is a triangle though.

Hint, spacetime is curved like that, and all triangles are like that to some degree.

Hyperbolic and ecliptic geometry is more important on the grand scheme of things than Euclidean geometry.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
Quote by seljer
project a triangle onto a sphere?

/this

its called spherical geometry. most angles and shapes are skewed and then the triangle can have 180 degrees
Page 1 of 2