I went to a "guitar emporium" in Branson recently and it was interesting...

First off, the brochure said they had all these instruments, when in reality they had to order them if you wanted any. They kept no effect pedals in stock and only special-ordered them as well. All their guitars were off-brand copies (they had on guitar that looked just like a gold-top Les Paul and quite a few RG copies) and they were all ridiculously high-priced and didn't sound good. Also in the brochure, it made the store look huge. It turned out that it was a "historic" picture of their first store.

Anyways, as I'm standing by a counter, the salesmen got a guy to order a Zoom pedal, some crappy solid state, and some ****ty guitar. The guy was obviously not very guitar-smart.. I kept hearing the salesmen go "yeah man, with this pedal, that baby is gonna sound JUST like a Marshall Halfstack! And that guitar is pretty much better than the real thing." At that point I left the store because I didn't want to even speak with such an asshole.

So, what kind of rip-offs have you guys seen?
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Anything with the curved head is a Fender rip-off.

Also,
I HATE picking up Xplorers to play in Guitar Center,
only to find they aren't Gibsons.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM

Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
ive never been ripped off, im too smart at heckling.

hell i got my 3,500 laney down to 2000 *brand new*
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Ripoffs? Guitar Center.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Quote by bigtimmy
ive never been ripped off, im too smart at heckling.

hell i got my 3,500 laney down to 2000 *brand new*

Same, I got my Peavey 6505+ from £1000 down to £700 and got a cab thrown in half price
ohai little sig.