Hey there,
So, I just wanted to know if I was to buy a Squier Bullet Strat or Affinity Fat Strat and put a YJM pickup in the neck and bridge position, if it would sound good for some heavier rock. If I get the Fat Strat, then I'll probably put a EMG 81 in the bridge and a YJM in the neck position. Also, I don't want any input like "get a better guitar" because I'm just kind of experimenting with pickup replacement.
of course it would sound better and heavier.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

The affinity strats are very nice, or a standard strat with a pickup change and neck swap is IMO better than the mexican strats, which itself would need a pickup upgrade.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
affinity strats are made of alder, although not the highest quality. it's up to you if you want to mod it. i'd rather buy a new guitar.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by cfhwarhead
It would cost as much as a good guitar to do all that and come out with shyt.

Well, I like Fenders, but don't have enough money to get something like a MIM Strat. So, Squier is the next best thing. Also, I've played a MIM Strat compared to my Affinity Strat, and the Squier is basically the same (besides wood, which I could care less about) for less money.