Can I use electric strings on an acoustic? and also , I have no idea how to change acoustic strings.
you can but it will sound... different. the difference in pressure is probably bad for the neck as well.

you can do a quick youtube vid to search for how to change acoustic strings. the only main difference between acoustic and electric is that you have to take out the nuts and stick the string inbetween the nut and the inside.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Don't use electric strings.
I'm pretty sure they will break your guitar.

EDIT: I think you can use electric B and e strings though. Not sure.
Last edited by matt-attack at Aug 21, 2008,
You can use them. They won't hurt your guitar. They will sound crappy.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Sound crappy is right. They are too light and are not made for acoustics.
Don't use electric strings.
I'm pretty sure they will break your guitar.

They wont break your guitar. You can put them on if you wish but they will sound very weak and tinny.

I have no idea how to change acoustic strings.

Just google 'acoustic guitar change strings.' Theres a ton of tutorials on the net.
Will they not warp the neck?

I put steel strings on my classical, until i realised I shouldn't really have done that and put nylons on. I'd have thought they'd be too....strong for it?
We're just dancing
We're just hugging,singing, screaming, kissing, tugging
On the sleeve of how it used to be
An acoustic steel string is much stronger than a electric in taking higher string tension. Unless you mean archtop electric guitar strings like 14s you shouldn't have a problem. The greatest risk is a lack of tension.
Ben Pazolli
-----------------------
Epiphone Dot Studio
VOX Valvetronix VD-30AD
VOX V847 WAH-WAH Pedal
Boss Loop Station RC-2
-----------------------
"The nicest guy you'll ever f............ind"
^^^ No, not a lack of tension, an excessive amount of tension is a greater risk. If the strings are weak, such as would happen if installing a set of electrics on a steel string acoustic, then about all that would happen is the neck would tend to flatten out because of a lack of tension. No worries, just put the right set on and it'll be fine again. Of a much greater concern is putting steel strings on a classical guitar. This creates an over abundance of tension on the neck and bridge which the guitar was not designed to handle. Serious problems can and will result if this is done, such as ripping the bridge off, cracking the neck or pulling the neck clean off of the body. Know your instrument, know which strings need to go on it.
Last edited by LeftyDave at Aug 22, 2008,
I did that once when i first started playing....well it was only a B string but it does sound horrible. each type of string in all reality should just be put on the type of guitar it was intended for.
Quote by GregMisiakk
and also , I have no idea how to change acoustic strings.

you could go to a music shop and ask for help