Hey guys,
I got a strat body off of ebay, its 3 piece swamp ash, paid something like 100 bucks for it. I got a beautiful strat neck made up by warmoth and just received it the other day. I just fit the neck to the body and the fretboard sits way high off the body.. here's a pic.. heres a few pics...

Let me know what you guys think.. i don't have the bridge yet

Thanks!
Attachments:
Picture 528.jpg
Picture 525.jpg
Picture 515.jpg
Gear nut
seriously? the fretboard is raised a good half inch off the body. should i get a bridge and do some measuring? should i route the body to make the fretboard flush with the body? etc?
Gear nut
I don't know much, but the least you can do is get all the measurements. It'd be safe to specify it to a strats specifications, which can be found on fender.com, for each guitar im pretty sure. Thats just a start though. how to go about fixing any issues, i can't help you with much

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
check the thickness of your neck pocket. If its a warmoth strat neck it should fit nicely in a pocket that is 3 inches long and 2 3/16 wide and 5/8 inch deep. If your neck pocket isnt that deep you need to see if there is enough wood in order to make the pocket deeper.
Gear

Soon to have Carvin California Carved Top
Fender MIM Strat (Warthog, Spotlight, Condor)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Valetronix Combo
Boss ME-50
Alvarez Acoustic
yuck thats what i'm afraid of, i'm afraid of not having enough wood to route out the neck pocket then making the body too thin behind the neck... hmmmm
Gear nut
gotta love swamp ash....and tell u the truth, if theres not enough wood on the body to make the pocket deeper, try carefully taking a little off the neck

btw, if thats a lefty neck, ur gonna need a new (righty) nut. unless ur a lefty and plan to play with the body upside down...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking