Ok, so i have an RG with an Edge III, and i've been wanting to block the tremolo. Thing is, i cant decide whether to spend the $70 on a Tremol-No, or if i should just wood block it.

I don't really want to spend too much, and i rarely even use the tremolo, so what would everyone suggest?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by MakeItWitChu
I know, but would you reccomend this over a tremol-no?

Yeah, I mean, you hardly use the tremolo, right?

EDIT: unless you wanna set it to dive-only, and don't want to glue a shim to the trem.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Yeah, I mean, you hardly use the tremolo, right?

EDIT: unless you wanna set it to dive-only, and don't want to glue a shim to the trem.

Yeah, that's really what ive been thinking, and the wood block isnt permanent if i need to take it out later on.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
i'd say wood block. i think it's efficient, cheap, and maybe it increases sustain
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by MakeItWitChu
Yeah, that's really what ive been thinking, and the wood block isnt permanent if i need to take it out later on.

Exactly, I kinda want to do it to, but I'm too lazy to measure the cavity lol.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by apak
i'd say wood block. i think it's efficient, cheap, and maybe it increases sustain

But the wood is only in contact with the bridge, not the strings. And seeing how the edge III is made of cheap materials (no offense), i doubt it would do much as far as transferring resonance to the wood.