I myself am an acoustic guitarist and am wondering whether any of you guys exclusively play acoustic or play the electric guitar as well.

My forte is the acoustic guitar but i love the electric too.

I would say i play the acoustic a good 80% of the time and the other 20% is the electric.

How bout you guys?
I love both, but since I dont have many friends who play bass and drum, I play acoustic mostly. acoustic sounds much better on its own than the electric does...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
It's a 50-50 for me.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
I do about 70% electric 30% acoustic, I prefer electric (I'm a shredder) but the acoustic guitar has so much more mystique, and it is much harder to sound great on one! While it is not my main means of expression, I respect it greatly!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
70% electric for most shows and lead stuff

30% acoustic for recording rhythm parts and certain songs. and for good practice.

kudos to you sir. i find the acoustic to be more of a challenge than electric. but i am an electric man myself
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Having the ability to play both can be a lot of fun, especially when songwriting or multi-track experimenting. Lots of people dabble in both, its pretty common.

I play about half and half, as a matter of fact.
Your Signature:
i mostly play acoustic, i prefer the sound, and my band plays acoustic, but i also love to play my electric too, usually at least once a week. I mostly play electric when i'm playing with others at jam sessions and such. Otherwise i find it more peaceful to play acoustic when im by myself, and i enjoy it more. I'm probably about acoustic 90% and electric 10%.
i play probably 80% eletric 20% acoustic. i'd play acoustic more if my acoustic didnt suck balls. but im getting a new one soon
for me its 50% electric and 50% acoustic. I mainly listen to and play rock/metal so i play electric for those songs but i started out on acoustic andplayed acoustic exclusively for one year so im a better acoustic player than electric but i like them both equally.
I probably split it about 75-25 in favor of acoustic. Its also easier to jam with friends with acoustics. No need to worry about amps and cables and clutter.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
I would say 95-5 acoustic; really it's just that I have an electric that I'll bust out if the song calls for it. Both lovely instruments, I'm just far more comfortable with my acoustic...I should work on incorporating my electric into my music/jam sessions more though.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
Quote by blu_flame34
I would say 95-5 acoustic; really it's just that I have an electric that I'll bust out if the song calls for it. Both lovely instruments, I'm just far more comfortable with my acoustic...I should work on incorporating my electric into my music/jam sessions more though.

same thing here, sometimes i jsut need to play some heavy riff when i'm frustrated and then i put it back where it was. I just love the freedom of an acoustic guitar, play wherever you want...
My Gear:
Simon&Patrick Pro flame maple (so nice)
Epiphone SG-special (cherry red)
Richwood acoustic
Lany 30 Watt amp, not sure what exact model
its 100% acoustic for me. but i have only been playing for 8 months, haven't quite found the money nor interest actually to purchase a set of electric guitar gear. i just somehow prefer the sound of the acoustic a lot more than the electric. although i suppose one of thse days when i get good enough on the acoustic, i will try an electric out.
Exclusively acoustic, though I do plan to buy an electric at some stage.
I'll always love my acoustic the most.... but i love my electric guitar as well for different reasons... the effects.. etc.. I probably play 70/30 in favour of the acoustic.

Freshman acoustic
IbanezGAX70
DIGITECH RP100
yeah mainly acoustic, but I have an electric hanging on my wall and an amp in my corner. I prefer to finger pick on nylon strings but the electric riffs are nice to play, and those higher fretted songs.
100% acoustic. I had an electric but I never played it so it got sold. I think Ill try electric again in the future but not right now.
I like playing my acoustic better than the electric. I can't 'shred' and don't know most of the scales, and i prefer playing some chords and singing along to them
We're just dancing
We're just hugging,singing, screaming, kissing, tugging
On the sleeve of how it used to be
70% classical, 30% electric and 5 percent acoustic....
<\\\SuBLiME\\\> ~ ~ ~~

This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him on his way to world domination ...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
I play mostly acoustic, even though I've got an awesome electric setup and a crappy acoustic, I just like playing my acoustic more.
60% acoustic and 40% electric ... although that can alternate between the two, i have a few months where i predominantly play acoustic and vice versa
100% acoustic now. I've been looking for a band where i could play electric lead stuff but I've just given up. I play acoustic and sing now at church for everything and I have just started liking my acoustic so much more.
90-10 to acoustic right now, i hope to get a new electric, and amp soon, and then it'll prob be split more 50-50
Its 75 acoustic and 25 electric right now, electric is getting a little boring nowadays, and when I get an Ibanez EW20ASE, it'll be mainly acoustic.
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
i'd say i play my acoustic 75% of the time. the other 25% would be electric. i love playing electric, and listening to hard rock, but the acoustic is just where it's at for me most of the time
I play mostly acoustic but it is really nice to get my old Peavy amp out & "crank it"......... FULLY distorted...................... overdriven to the max....................... , just for a change of pace, but also to see how clean im pulling my chords. Nothing like switching to totally clean to see what your chords sound like or dont sound like if you get me.
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Started on electric but now prefer acoustic, mostly because I had a big change in music taste away from the metalz.
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
5050. You cant exactly crank it real loud and solo away on acoustic, however, acoustic guitar is absolutely beautiful anyway. I alternate a lot.
I like to play both. have a couple of beers sit on the deck and play for the wildlife
70% Electric
20% Acoustic
10% Nylon
my electric is in standard but my acoustic is in C standard XD
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Some days I pick up an acoustic and play some Clapton, some days I pick up an electric and play some Megadeth and Metallica.
At the minute I'm in an acoustic phase.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12