Title speaks for itself. ive only studied randy rhoads and eddie van halen both of which never used sweeping so when i hear all this talk about sweep it makes me weep! (heh heh funny rhyme...) tell me exactly wat it is and how to do it. thanks.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Search the forums.

Well said :P

It's a lot easier to be SHOWN than to have someone textually explain it to you. Search youtube.
wow... your too smart (speaking about your profile) but a little anti social. well its a good idea to be like that so the joke will probably be on me!
Quote by Idiosyncracy
Well said :P

It's a lot easier to be SHOWN than to have someone textually explain it to you. Search youtube.
ive already tried and p.s. my last post was for sue.
Quote by 5150rando
ive already tried and p.s. my last post was for sue.

Yeah, I figured that :P

What videos have you looked at?
Quote by Idiosyncracy
Yeah, I figured that :P

What videos have you looked at?
you know like yngwie and some other random ppl. im not a very visual learner.
Quote by Idiosyncracy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC9BP5qnWtI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Aj2wx9PYxI

I'd use either one of those. Keep in mind that no matter HOW you learn it, it takes a long time to become proficient in the technique. I'd say that about this technique moreso than any other one.
THANK.... YOU!!!!! NOW IM PART OF THE CLUB!!!!!!!! im sad now... another technique i wont be able to get for years....
Quote by 5150rando
THANK.... YOU!!!!! NOW IM PART OF THE CLUB!!!!!!!! im sad now... another technique i wont be able to get for years....

I've been playing for almost 5 years now and I still can't do it :P
I was sure randy rhoads used sweep picking in one of ozzy's more well-known songs, no?

Not being sarcastic btw
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Randy's used the technique a bunch of times; I don't know about EVH.

EVH tapped (as we all should know), and he could probably tap faster than most guitarists can sweep. That's all that matters.

Eddie Van Halen is a god.
Quote by Idiosyncracy
EVH tapped (as we all should know), and he could probably tap faster than most guitarists can sweep. That's all that matters.

Eddie Van Halen is a god.

Let's not make sweeping (LOL!) generalizations! TBH I think a lot of guitarists have surpassed EVH's tapping, and to say he tapped faster than most [shredders] can sweep is a bit ridiculous. But I guess you were right, most guitarists never strive to achieve the speed he reached.
Why do people start threads like this? How hard is it to type "sweep picking" into google?
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by GerGuam
Let's not make sweeping (LOL!) generalizations! TBH I think a lot of guitarists have surpassed EVH's tapping, and to say he tapped faster than most [shredders] can sweep is a bit ridiculous. But I guess you were right, most guitarists never strive to achieve the speed he reached.

Don't you be knockin' on mah boy