A Captain in the British Army.

Let me explain quickly...

Driving to my bands gig at the Bar Academy in Brum earlier today in major rush hour traffic through the centre of Brum town centre (which, to you Yanks, is the UK's second largest city and biggest dump in existance). I didn't know the route well and while crawling (stop-start-stop-start) through a tunnel, I (stupidly) think "I need to get into the right hand lane" so i indicate and check my mirrors and my right blindspot. My car is moving no more than about 5mph, maybe more or less when a split second later: BOMP!

Right in the back of a nice BMW.

My world died on me.

Turns out the guy was a very nice family man.

His car had the Worlds Tiniest Dent and my number plate has a couple of scratches on it and looks a tad wonky.

Oh, and while exchanging insurance details (why? i dunno...I offered to send him a cheque to get the Worlds Smallest Dent buffered out) and upon seeing his Licence....

He's a Captain in the British Army

So pit...

Share your road accident stories

go!
I've never had an accident.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Never had any accident.

Oh wait, once I rolled on a cat. It was during night. It was winter, and it was snowing. I thought it was a plastic bag flying around. It was a cat.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Blessedly, never been in an accident. Been damn close on many occasions, a fair amount of them my fault.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
I got my license, got some food, an hour after I got my license, some old bitch hit me. Fucking whore.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Well around 17, I was driving at night from the hospital, to see my uncle, who was in the ER. I was about 2/3 of the way home when I decided to take a longer route.. just for the heck of it. I drove down the itty bitty road, not very cautiously.. when A deer runs right out infront of my car. I swerved to avoid it (dumbass thing to do), and I ended up going down a 25ft embankment. Car caught on fire, I ended up with third degree burns on my right ankle. And the hospital visit I don't so much remember.
Pretty much the same accident although I was going closer to 10 mph. I had sped up and was about to change lanes when boom. I felt like a real idiot/asshole afterwards until I realized that that type of thing is extremely likely/common when driving in heavy stop and go traffic.
Quote by JeanMi36
Never had any accident.

Oh wait, once I rolled on a cat. It was during night. It was winter, and it was snowing. I thought it was a plastic bag flying around. It was a cat.

Pffftt. Cats don't fly.
Quote by gibsonpenguin
Pretty much the same accident although I was going closer to 10 mph. I had sped up and was about to change lanes when boom. I felt like a real idiot/asshole afterwards until I realized that that type of thing is extremely likely/common when driving in heavy stop and go traffic.

Oh God yeah. Most accidents are caused in rush hour traffic.

But..

I wont call my Insurance Company. No point. This can be easily sorted out.

Still.....

A Captain???!!
Quote by metaldud536
Pffftt. Cats don't fly.

T'was an hallucination. Due to: Wind, snow and nightime.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
I got pulled over goig 53 in a 35... I was moving with the flow of traffic so I was doing the safest thing possible.. OINKY DIDN'T THINK SO
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai
I got pulled over goig 53 in a 35... I was moving with the flow of traffic so I was doing the safest thing possible.. OINKY DIDN'T THINK SO

Are you dyslexic? I do believe that 53 is 35 backwards.

Just kidding
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
I was in the car with my Aunt and she was driving. It was raining hard and as we go through an intersection the car started to very slowly spin out. I slowly turned my head to face her as the car spins in slow motion and give her a "wtf are you doing" look.

I remember it in a humourous and cinematic fashion so it's probably not very funny to you.

My father let the car slide into snow filled ditch when I was but a wee lad. It wasn't fun waiting for the tow.
Last edited by Trefellin at Aug 21, 2008,
Quote by touji-za-nai

I've been flashed by a police camera.

That was a week ago, so it's probably been dismissed.

I love driving, but it can be a bitch.
Quote by Survivalism
I've never had an accident. I know how to drive.

An accident can be someone else's fault. You're either a troll or an idiot.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
Are you dyslexic? I do believe that 53 is 35 backwards.

Just kidding

lol... still when there are 10 cars all riding each others ass one of them going -20 is a bit annoying
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by Survivalism
I've never had an accident. I know how to drive.

Karma is a bitch.

BTW, i've only passed for...4 months?
Ooooo that's odd! At least he was nice about it though
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
A deer ran into the road and I hit it once. It was okay, even though I must have been traveling 40 mph.
I think I'm pretty damn lucky. I've seen what deer can do to cars.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
birmingham is the second largest city!??! it cant be!!! i ahted the place and the centre was small!??!!?

speak for myself thoug belfast is a dump too.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
once, i was being a jackass in my car. you know, drifting with the e-brake

well i was doing it in a neighborhood that was under construction which made it safer, i hit a patch of mud and smashed into one of those portopotties(haha SP?) and knocked it over. I wanted somebody to climb out of it covered in **** so badly

I couldn't stop laughing about that for a week, hell i still think it's funny.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Ooooo that's odd! At least he was nice about it though

I was joking with my band mates later that if he wasn;t with his family, he would have snapped my neck, Solid Snake style.
Quote by JMack
A deer ran into the road and I hit it once. It was okay, even though I must have been traveling 40 mph.
I think I'm pretty damn lucky. I've seen what deer can do to cars.

haha that deer thread earlier
yea I bumped into a car once, first "accident" ever...this happened only a few months ago too.

I was at a stop sign waiting for the person in front of me to go. They let off their brake pedal and so when I see their lights go of and they start moving forward I look left (and you really have to look hard left because of the strange angle this street is at) but anyways the next thing I remember is hitting the car (it was a family van, nothing major) and I just start worrying what would happen next.

Anyways we both pull to the next parking lot and check the cars out. I didn't see any damage on any of the cars and didn't expect any since it was a very low speed bump.

Turns out they started rolling and then out of nowhere, stopped again when I wasn't looking. They lady was nice. I asked if the kids (also in her van) were ok and she said yes. She said she would take my license plate number down and I did the same for her, (yea the plate number was strange....) but anyways I never heard from them again.

The only real damage on my car was a crack in the plastic thing that goes around your license plate...nothing worth replacing anyways.
i was in the bed of a truck when it rolled doing about 40. got out without a scratch.

i was driving home with my friend and a rabbit ran out in the road and i hit the horn and i went 'sht yea it dont work!' thump......

i have ahd a groundhog/whistlepig or whatever you wanna call it crawl into the engine compartment later to be chased out and literally ripped in two by dogs.
Member of the Nick Grundy group

Creator of The American Bass Fishing Group <join it if you like to fish
My dad used to drive a school bus 12 years ago. He put me in the driver's seat (at age 3) and I managed to somehow drive the bus into a pond.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by FloyDZeD
My dad used to drive a school bus 12 years ago. He put me in the driver's seat (at age 3) and I managed to somehow drive the bus into a pond.

dude, awesome.