Page 1 of 2
Is anyone else just sick of those movies?
Like Scary movie, Date Movie, Epic Movie...

I watched meet the Spartans the other day, and it was the least funny pile of crap I have ever seen. And I know it was meant to be a comedy, because my little gangsta kid brother and all his gangsta kid friends were laughing their heads off.

Did anyone find these movies funny? And, if so, why?

Dear diary.

Today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender.

I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me.
I liked the first three, then again I was a teen when they were out. Everything else after that was pretty bad.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
YEAH man i hate those movies. They try to hard to make them funny. I just dont get them.
No, I like actual scary movies. They're not funny at all, either. :|

P.S. I'm a womanfolk! : )
sraeb

Quote by Trefellin
Show me your erection or gtfo... please.
I liked Scary Movie.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Yes I hate them, I actually saw meet the spartans in theaters and was tempted to leave 5 minuets into the movie and in hindsight I wish I had.
the original scary movie was funny
every spoof film after that i did not watch ,the trailers were enough.
All these parody movies are the downfall of modern movie productions.
"it is better to be a part of beauty
for one instant and then to cease
to exist than to exist forever
and never be part of beauty"
-Don Marquis

Quote by nebraskan
People who are racist are probably the most ignorant alive.

A serious sig? WHATTT?
Scary Movie 1/2 was ok, everything else after that is just beating a dead horse.
Yeah, The first Scary Movie was okayish, but you can only do it so much...
Dear diary.

Today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender.

I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me.
Scary movies were ok but i thought epic movie was one of the worst movies i've had the misfortune of watching and i haven't been tempted since then.
I don't even bother with them anymore. I haven't seen any of those films after scary movie 2. That was enough for me to say"**** This!"
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
at first, i didn't mind. i kindof enjoyed the return of the old school spoof. naked gun style.
but they stopped being funny as soon as they went from zany genre spoof to an exercise in cramming spent pop culture references into our faces.
do i really need to see another joke involving a bald britney spears oversinging to her baby? no. we get it. she's crazy. that material was old after a week. but i blame society's celebrity obsession. it wouldn't have made money if some drooling moron wasn't still laughing at that crap (then again, with a budget that low, i could see it happening).
i could still laugh at naked gun or airplane. even if they're stupid.
Quote by tugboat
No, I like actual scary movies. They're not funny at all, either. :|

that all depends on your sense of humor.
but even in my early teens, i was hoping the dinosaurs in jurassic park 3 would eat that kid to put an end to his horrid acting. not that that's a scary movie, just the first example i could think of.
and cabin fever was pretty funny.
I like the Scary Movies (with Anna Faris)

The other ones like Date Movie and Meet the Spartans are just horrid....

except Epic Movie...That damn black albino gets me every time.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Those movies are like anticomedy. That's how bad they are. I honestly don't understand how enough people could possibly like them enough for them to continue making them.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
i saw Epic Movie. some of the parts were funny... but it was just pointless. yeah i think these movies are stupid.
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
I liked the first Scary Movie, it might have been because I was young, the rest are appalling though.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
They are coming out with a " Disaster Movie ". These people seriously need to die.
two and a half men.
i tell you what we need,more GOOD spoof's done by simon pegg and co.

like shaun of the dead or hot fuzz
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Waiting for someone to make Parody movie. A parody of the people who make parody movies. I don't mind parody movies like naked gun and spy hard, but ones like Meet The Spartans, where they just cram in loads of pop culture references over and over again are just crap.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
i saw epic movie because i couldnt sneak into a diff movie i wanted to see. worst peice of crap ever. and to add to that some little kids sitting behind me n my friends were laughin their heads off and spittin soda all over us.

edit: oh ya it was superhero movie
Last edited by frozen_soul at Aug 22, 2008,
Quote by soccermom
Waiting for someone to make Parody movie. A parody of the people who make parody movies. I don't mind parody movies like naked gun and spy hard, but ones like Meet The Spartans, where they just cram in loads of pop culture references over and over again are just crap.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=af08
two and a half men.
The first 2 Scary Movies were good. Everything after that was just awful. I haven't endured the tortures that are Epic Movie, Meet The Spartans, and Superhero Movie, thank god.
All of them suck. They produce cheap laughs, but that alone does not validate the amount of these pieces of scum that are being produced. To be fair (and not say "they shouldn't have done any at all) they should have stopped after scary movie 3.

Yes, you can make fun hit blockbosters, it's not very hard, now either go make real movies, or find another job.
I enjoyed the scary movies, and after seeing scary movie 4 I hoped that would be the last. Then I saw date movie for whatever reason, and it was the most horrible piece of hit I've ever seen. Epic movie was bad, but better then all the other movies after the scary movies. Meet the spartans was awful, and I almost puked after watching the superhero movie. I didn't laugh once throughout the entire damn thing, every joke was done at least three times in all the other movies and by the end I'm glad I didn't spend a penny to watch it apart from the money that went into electricity to power the TV which I wish I had back.

+ ****ing 1 ^

Watched Rambo last night and it was easily the best movie I've seen in over a year.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
I think it's sad how they manage to fit pretty much every joke in the entire movie into the trailer, and even then they're still pretty bad. I'm surprised they haven't done "Chick Flick Movie" or something along those lines yet, it seems like something they'd do.
It takes a month to put one of those movies out.
"Disaster Movie" has some bits from movies that just came out last month....
Which would explain the horrible acting.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
I liked the old films like Spy Hard, Naked Gun and Hot Shots, and a few modern ones like Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead but all these Epic Movie, Scary Movie etc are really not my thing they seem to try to hard to be funny and just bore me - you can also usually tell what's gonna happen.
The thing is if you stop going to see them and buying them then they'll stop making them.
Soon they will make "Movie Movie"
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Page 1 of 2