I have just purchased the SansAmp bass driver and finally got to use it on my own rig during band practice. As of now I have it running through my effects return input so it bypasses my amps EQ, I am playing out of a Eden Nemesis Nc212, 320 watts. When I ran it out of the amps normal input I had to keep the gain really low so my amp wouldn't clip, but that results in me not having alot of volume. I stuck with running it through my effects return input, but I'm worried that I might be harming my amp in some way, the back of the amp seems to be alot hotter than usual. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better way to get around this? Am I harming my amp?

Thanks....
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
is Crown and Coke your band?

if so, yall sound mad good.

and about the SansAmp, i have no clue. =/

im thinking about getting one myself though.... i want something that can give my SS that Tube crunch to it.....
To PedRoFTWkiddies - Yes Crown And Coke is my band, thanks for the good word.

To Deliriumbassist - Yes you can use the SansAmp as a stompbox, I just leave it on all the time anyways cause I use it as my main tone. It just seems for some reason that when I have it in the effects return input that my amp is being pushed really hard because when I have it in the normal input I have to put the gain really low. Maybe I'm just being paronoid, I don't know.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
totally off topic, but yeah...good times with the Crown and Coke. Keep that stuff going
Will do Goest.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
The gain on your amp or the gain on the Sans-Amp? Is the Sans-Amp b4 or after the Boss EQ b4 u return it to the amp? Also,dont worry about the amp overheating,it should be fine.Also,remember that the level control on the Sans-Amp is the "master volume of your rig if u r running it through your effects return.
80s BC Rich Warlocks,Ironbird,Bich with EMGs
80s Squire P with Mirror Pickguard and a Kahler Tremelo!
80s Magenta(Hot Pink!) Ibanez RD707
80s Aria ZZB Zebra Explorer
80s Kramer Ferrington Acoustic
AMPEG 6pro
AMPEG 8x10,AMPEG 4x10 HLF
Here's my common sense theory, feel free to shoot it down, anyone, if there's some flaw in it:

Well, sending it to the effects return (I'm assuming you're just bypassing the amp's built in pre altogether), just think of it as your new preamp. If it boosts the signal going to the poweramp more than the built in preamp did, then it will make the poweramp work harder, but will also provide more volume. Use the poweramp volume to make sure your amp doesn't get any louder than it did with the original preamp and it won't be working any harder than it did with that original preamp.

You'll get higher a input setting and a lower output setting on the poweramp, which, when balanced, shouldn't have it working any harder than it was before and should come out to the same volume.