Okay, so since july 1st, I've been looking for a new drummer.

It's a punk / grunge band

We've got two drummers that were thinking about joining the band, but one was into a lot of death metal, and we're not anything near that. The other was into alot of modern hardcore, which we're not anything like either.

so the only 2 drummer I know that aren't in a band are not interested.

The band has about 20 songs written, we've got gigging experience and this fall I was hoping to recording a demo if we find a drummer, as well as starting to do some serious gigging.

Any thoughts on the best way to find a new drummer?
Stand outside your house with fresh bakes cookies.

Then play the waiting game.

No, but seriously just make some flyers saying you need a drummer, put all your info thats needed on it, and hang it around the town, school, anywhere really.
as ridiculous as this might sound, and assuming that there is one nearby, see if your local hot topic has a bulletin board that you can post a flyer on. post flyers at the venues you would play at, and at local bars/cafes(depending on your age). Alos see if you can place flyers at your school/college/wherever you are attending school if you are. post flyers on bulletin boards at grocery store(drummers have to eat too) and anywhere else with bulletin boards. post bulletins on your myspace to see if anyone in your area is interested, and don't necessarily limit it to the band's page. you can post personal bulletins too. also, talk to other bands in your area, and see if they know anyone or can help you out.
Why wouldn't you take the hardcore drummer? Hardcore came from punk.
Quote by metallifan3091
as ridiculous as this might sound, and assuming that there is one nearby, see if your local hot topic has a bulletin board that you can post a flyer on. post flyers at the venues you would play at, and at local bars/cafes(depending on your age). Alos see if you can place flyers at your school/college/wherever you are attending school if you are. post flyers on bulletin boards at grocery store(drummers have to eat too) and anywhere else with bulletin boards. post bulletins on your myspace to see if anyone in your area is interested, and don't necessarily limit it to the band's page. you can post personal bulletins too. also, talk to other bands in your area, and see if they know anyone or can help you out.

No they don't...............

Otherwise good idea.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by shadesofanger
Quote by metallifan3091
drummers have to eat too
No they don't...............

Yes they do, they just don't have to do any grocery shopping, that's what the zoo keepers are for.

Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Aug 22, 2008,