Remember that "10 questions every intelligent Christian must answer" video?
Well this guy made a response. The guy is an amazing speaker and I love his videos although I disagree with him. Following this video, I decided to add a comment asking how he can blame everything on people sinning and how it doesn't contradict his idea of an all loving god.
Then I got a private message from him. This is how the conversation continued (be warned, it's a long read).

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de7kisfQ1vY

The conversation (I'm the blue one): http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dc9449nf_6dn7zrrgh

He is nuts :| .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Aug 21, 2008,
"The Bible is the most scientific book in the world"
I stopped watching there. I respect Christians and whatnot, but religion =/= science.
I thought he knew what he was talking about... maybe he does, I know nothing of the Bible.
It doesn't matter how intelligent he is because he is going to be bashed and get bad ratings constantly by immature youtube dipshits.
Last edited by CowboyUp at Aug 21, 2008,
i see nothing wrong with him hes just strong in his opinions the only vid i dont really like by him is the evolution one
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
*facedesk*
I agree on the amputee ****, who said he would heal them?
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Wow that guy is nuts

Now could I ask you another question? Let's assume that there's a plane crash. Who is more likely to go to heaven assuming we don't know nothing about their previous lives? The ones trying to fix the plane, or the ones praying and entrusting their souls to Jesus Christ? -you

The ones praying and entrusting their souls to Jesus Christ

When I read that part I just felt I want to punch that guy.
Quote by reedplaysgeetar
i see nothing wrong with him hes just strong in his opinions the only vid i dont really like by him is the evolution one

Read the conversation. He thinks that all the sinners deserve to die and that no matter what you do in your life, you're phucked unless you worship Jesus Christ. It doesn't matter if you signed a peace treaty or saved a puppy from a fire.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Colgate Total
This is madness.

Madness?

THIS IS SPARTA!!!

Also, ten bucks says the video guy sinned in his life. He deserves to die.
so according to himself he should die? His logic is flawed and he is a hypocrite. Also I dont know if he is Christian or aethist?
He compelteley owned the guy who made the 1st video though. to the max.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by RPGoof
Madness?

THIS IS SPARTA!!!

Also, ten bucks says the video guy sinned in his life. He deserves to die.

Well the guy indeed sinned according to his standards. A lot. He was born Jewish and attended a Jewish school, and got expelled for preaching Atheism. Then he grew up as an Atheist, and then he decided to convert to Christianity. Quite an interesting guy...
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

A lot of people actually agree with him

I see a Troll
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
Quote by tyronelab
He is actually a good speaker and although it seems radical, it makes sense to me.

its like he's Hitler and youre a nazi
Quote by MagicsDevil

29 internets to you, good sir.

Quote by undecided1993
Well I apologise for not taking pictures of my naked mother.

Pokémon SoulSilver Friend code:0775-6767-8676
How?

That's just stupid to claim I'm a Nazi and he is a Hitler.

He is charismatic and a decent speaker. He has some decent arguments and has some poor arguments.

I am not a follower of his but he is a fellow follower.
I hate my computer so much right now. I don't get any sound from Firefox.

However, I read that conversation and that seems to be a respectable-ish argument on his side assuming there is a God and his love of his own laws outweighs his love of his people.
This guy seems like a bit of an extremist to me. kind of like ts said, If an atheist is making the world a better place and a christian does little to help others but "repents for his sins" and therefore is granted everlasting life. I don't see how this is a productive attitude to fix any problems in the world and what god would honestly say "help others all you want but unless you show me some respect your going to hell"?
I think many of his arguments are completely invalid, he is constantly using "that's not what the bible says" to support many of his arguments, as though the bible itself is evidence. He's not the first person to get on the internet or TV and claim that the answer to every bad thing that ever happens to anyone is because they were sinners and they deserved to die. Although he presents his argument in a more articulate manner than a vast majority of Christians who are attempting to disprove basic science, he still bases his argument on facts and information that's questionable to say the least.
I'm the new king
I taste the queen
In here we are all anemic
In here, anemic and sweet
he says god gave mankind a choice - love god and obey him, in eternal joy without pain, death, etc. or disobey him and lose these benefits. NO, he did not give mankind a choice, he gave -ADAM AND EVE- this choice. when adam and eve disobeyed god, god deemed it necessary to punish over 6 billion other human beings, later in the future (today) for a wrongdoing TWO, TWO people out of SIX BILLION, committed over THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of years ago. thousands of years ago, we did not even have any sway over the events that took place in the garden of eden. it's like if a random stranger across the globe committed a murder 2 years ago. not only is he given a jail sentence, but, today, so are you and your group of 4 other friends. you, being in another CONTINENT and TWO YEARS ahead in the future, could not possibly control the situation, yet you are being held (partially) responsible for this crime and are therefore being punished. what this guy is saying, is that after what happened in the garden of eden, "this is how death, pain, and the loss of your arms came in". we are being burdened with these pains for something that happened thousands of years ago that we couldn't control?

i call massive bull**** here.
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
Quote by tyronelab
What is with the fear of speak of a God? Surely if you think there is no God then you would not be afraid to listen to someone who claims there is.

Nice try, It's not that pepole fear speak of a god, it's that this guy claims that we're wrong, he's right, and that's the end of that. If pepole didn't try to disprove his views it would be like he won.
Quote by RyanDV
he says god gave mankind a choice - love god and obey him, in eternal joy without pain, death, etc. or disobey him and lose these benefits. NO, he did not give mankind a choice, he gave -ADAM AND EVE- this choice. when adam and eve disobeyed god, god deemed it necessary to punish over 6 billion other human beings, later in the future (today) for a wrongdoing TWO, TWO people out of SIX BILLION, committed over THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of years ago. thousands of years ago, we did not even have any sway over the events that took place in the garden of eden. it's like if a random stranger across the globe committed a murder 2 years ago. not only is he given a jail sentence, but, today, so are you and your group of 4 other friends. you, being in another CONTINENT and TWO YEARS ahead in the future, could not possibly control the situation, yet you are being held (partially) responsible for this crime and are therefore being punished. what this guy is saying, is that after what happened in the garden of eden, "this is how death, pain, and the loss of your arms came in". we are being burdened with these pains for something that happened thousands of years ago that we couldn't control?

i call massive bull**** here.

Well, really that's not what he's saying, I completely agree with the massive bull**** statement, but he's not exclusively refering to the actions of Adam and Eve, he's refering to the fact that everyone is a "sinner", and god is punishing the earth for that. Then again, the bible says that working on a sunday is a sin, so I guess all priests/ministers etc. are pretty screwed. Something I've been wondering about, the bible says that all gays are going to hell, but it's scientifically proven that homosexuality is a due to a chromosome imbalance, so with that considered are Christians claiming that all people with a condition such as down syndrome are going to hell?
I'm the new king
I taste the queen
Quote by ironman1478
so according to himself he should die? His logic is flawed and he is a hypocrite. Also I dont know if he is Christian or aethist?

According to him we don't deserve to live. And yes, he's a Christian.
Quote by Broken Lungs
Well, really that's not what he's saying, I completely agree with the massive bull**** statement, but he's not exclusively refering to the actions of Adam and Eve, he's refering to the fact that everyone is a "sinner", and god is punishing the earth for that. Then again, the bible says that working on a sunday is a sin, so I guess all priests/ministers etc. are pretty screwed. Something I've been wondering about, the bible says that all gays are going to hell, but it's scientifically proven that homosexuality is a due to a chromosome imbalance, so with that considered are Christians claiming that all people with a condition such as down syndrome are going to hell?

Didn't you read the e-mail conversation?

We're ALL going to hell! (no matter our physical condition)
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by BloodMoon666

We're all going to hell if we don't pray for forgiveness. Didn't you read the e-mail conversation?
Quote by BloodMoon666

Unless, evidently, we accept and worship Jesus and God. Which makes sense...if the bible can be assumed to be true and God can be assumed to love his laws more than his people.
Quote by tonedeafidiot

We're all going to hell if we don't pray for forgiveness. Didn't you read the e-mail conversation?

Like that's gonna happen...

I hoped that the Pit would be smart enough to understand what I said.

Evidently it is not.
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by BloodMoon666

But homosexuals who worship god are still going to hell according to the bible, you missed the point completely.
I'm the new king
I taste the queen
He fails to understand this:

If god showed itself to me, I wouldn't love it, I would despise it.

So how could it be rape? If god were real it would know this and show itself to me right now knowing I wouldn't automatically love it, hence not turning me into a "robot". It would need to earn my love and acceptance.

And VenomfangX is crazy!