So I had absolutely no idea where to put this thread; if it needs moved then go ahead and do it. Sorry.

I think I want a strobe light for my band when we play shows. I like how it makes things look slowed down but the problem is I have no idea what I should look for in a strobe.

Should I get a few lower wattage ones or one really big one?

How many flashes per second do you think I would need?

Thanks for any help!
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Most mid-higher end strobes will do around 20 fps. Generally speaking multiple strobes get better coverage so they look better, but remember that you will need a central remote system to keep all of them in sync.
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
Quote by GuitarFreak664
Most mid-higher end strobes will do around 20 fps. Generally speaking multiple strobes get better coverage so they look better, but remember that you will need a central remote system to keep all of them in sync.

I was actually afraid that one strobe might not be able to cover an entire stage. But I don't know what you mean about "central remote system." I'm assuming you mean a controller something like this: american dj footswitch.

I have a couple switches that just turn on or off the power to whatever is plugged in to their outlets. Would that not work?
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2