Alright so I'm looking for a guitar with NO tremolo. I'm so pissed off of my gay locking nuts on the string that its time for a change for the best.
I like the Esp Ltd EC-1000, and I also found a nice Ibanez SZ4020. The problem is I've heard bad things about both companies, and I'm wondering if there's any other options from PRS or Schecter anything like that. I'm not saying I wont go Ibanez, but I would just like some more possibilites.
Ibanez RGA121:

LTD Horizon:
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
i would go with a telecaster
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
jackson makes a hardtail soloist.
man, that RG is sweet. another GAS attack!
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Epiphone's Prophecy LP's/SG's, and the Futura EX are all good, most scheters come in non-trem versions, ESP/LTD makes many of their guitars in non trem versions (usually denoted by the NT on the end of the name).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Yeah, Jacksons are amazing. The RR5 has a TOM bridge. They probably do Dinky's and Soloists with fixed bridges as well.

Les Paul?!
Schecter C-1 Classic. It can do all styles of music from jazz to brutal death metal and it is the best feeling, looking, and sounding guitar I've ever played. It looks better in real life so don't judge it by pictures like This. I have it in antique amber (3rd pic) It is awesome.
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
Quote by the Sinner
Schecter C-1 Classic. It can do all styles of music from jazz to brutal death metal and it is the best feeling, looking, and sounding guitar I've ever played. It looks better in real life so don't judge it by pictures like This. I have it in antique amber (3rd pic) It is awesome.

Yeah that looks pretty gorgeous. Oh and I despise of Gibsons and Epi's and Fenders. They are too mainstream if that makes sense.
The only problem with the Schecter is that my friend has it and I would hate to copy him. Eh, I'll just get a different color.
Quote by julian2k4
dude get the ****ing eclipse!!!! theyr amazing!!!!!!!!

do you have one?
+1 to the RGA suggestion, unless sustain is a HUGE concern.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by FireandFlames
Carvin

Wow those are amazing. They have the most beautiful finshes I've ever seen
+1 on the Ibanez RGA121.. They're amazing; great neck, great sound. Plus, they look sexy in Violin or Natural finish. It's also part of the Prestige series-- top of the line, made in Japan.
Quote by Telestar
Wow those are amazing. They have the most beautiful finshes I've ever seen
Yeah, my friend's dad has a CT6 that plays beautifully. Carvins are amazing.
a jackson rr5
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
all the Schecter Hellraisers can be bought as hardtails - I recommend them

Personally I'm planning on getting the Schecter C1 Blackjack ATX which is a hardtail with active blackout pickups!

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Quote by Telestar
Yeah that looks pretty gorgeous. Oh and I despise of Gibsons and Epi's and Fenders. They are too mainstream if that makes sense.
The only problem with the Schecter is that my friend has it and I would hate to copy him. Eh, I'll just get a different color.

I don't think limiting yourself for fear of being "mainstream" is a wise choice. Maybe if you played them you'd have a change of heart.

Also, if you think your guitar is too mainstream, then you're trying too hard to be different. Play what feels good and don't worry about what other people think.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Chuckflan333: Man thats a good philosophy. I don't know though, I've just never been a fan of typical guitars.
Sir Anonymous: I was looking at that one too, but I already have a hollow-body so I figured I wouldn't get another one
Quote by Telestar

Sir Anonymous: I was looking at that one too, but I already have a hollow-body so I figured I wouldn't get another one

It's not a hollowbody .
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Its not? Then are the F hole things just paint?

EDIT: Wow man. Haha they look so real on musicians friend! Dang now I feel so n00bish.
Still, that guitar is about $400 more than I would like to spend.
Last edited by Telestar at Aug 23, 2008,
Yeah I think I'll go for the Schecter C-1 Classic in Antique Amber. Looks great, so I'll go try that out at Guitar Center or something.
good choice. Schectrer C-1's are all good. they have some of the best QC I've seen. (read as: I've never played a dud)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
good choice. Schectrer C-1's are all good. they have some of the best QC I've seen. (read as: I've never played a dud)

QC? Is that quality control?