Can anyone recommend a good combo tube amp that they have experience playing that is between 300 and 400 dollers. I was thinking about the blackheart little giant.
well what do you want it for practice in abedroom or gigs?

and genre?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

What kind of music do you play and tones you are looking for? Bands as an example, songs, etc...
What guitar(s) are you using?
Gigging or just practicing?

Edit: Damn you Tim!
i play mainly classic rock/blues. I have an ibanez sz720 and love it but the sound is not to great coming from my 15 watt solid state marshall. I'll use this for practice as well as jamming with friends.

I've done quite a bit of shopping and thought about getting the epiphone valve junior but i wanna try and keep it as a combo amp with the outputs if i ever need to add a cab. Which i may not. Plus the combo is easier to transport
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/msg/782834794.html That, classic 30 for $300, maybe talk em down a little.
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/msg/804171441.html Epi Valve Standard, add a tubescreamer or clone and your there.
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/msg/796287248.html That's worth a look too. Old Traynor tube amp. Maybe get him down to $300. I want to try one of these.

Or order online and wait for a crate V33.
Quote by injected
Used Mesa F-30 or F-50?

Just PM me and let me know where I can get them for $300-$400.
Yeah, a Crate V series would be a good idea, especially with the new mark downs.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
anyone have any experince playing the crates. the v33 is only 250 new on musiciansfriend
Quote by wjhender
anyone have any experince playing the crates. the v33 is only 250 new on musiciansfriend

Yes, they are good amps, especially for the price. But why not look at the used amps I sent? You tend to get more for your money that way and can try before you buy.
thats the plan right now. I like the epi valve standard. not as powerful as the others and only 200 so i have another 100 left over for a pedal or something. How do you feel about the Peavey 30. I was reading about it and it says that it is a solidstate tube hybrid?
Quote by gregs1020
Just PM me and let me know where I can get them for $300-$400.

You would definitely have to fish around, but my friend snatched an F-50 for $350 off the local paper.
The Peavey Classic 30 is an all tube amp and not a hybrid. Built in USA, enough gain for hard rock/classic rock, and has good reverb. Don't let the wattage on the epi mislead you, 15 watts is enough to play with a drummer but won't have the clean headroom the classic 30 does. That old traynor looks pretty badass too, it may be the diamond in the ruff between the 3 amps tonally. You need to decide tho what would better suit your needs by trying them.

Edit: To injected, your friend is Indiana Jones. Or the luckiest s.o.b. on the planet.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 22, 2008,
Im going to look at the epi valve standard tomorrow. Does 200 sound like a fair price for it?
If it's in good shape yes. I don't see those all that often used, just the Jr's. Like you said, you could get a good pedal and still be in budget. *cough*Maxon OD808*cough*
actually gregs, the guy who i selling the epi valve has a digitech clapton pedal hes willing to sell me with the amp for 250. What d you think. It pretty much matches my playing style, the pedal that is, and I've heard good things about it. You know anything?
The Valve Standards are good amps - I saw one new for $250 up in Sacramento while I was there, and I got to play it a little bit. Great cleans for the price. You also might want to wait for the Valve Senior to come out, though, to compare them - but at least check it out and if you like it, you can spend the rest on pedals.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by wjhender
actually gregs, the guy who i selling the epi valve has a digitech clapton pedal hes willing to sell me with the amp for 250. What d you think. It pretty much matches my playing style, the pedal that is, and I've heard good things about it. You know anything?

I'm not familiar with that pedal, but it's certainly worth trying while you are there. Check it out and see what you think, search them online and make sure the price is realistic so if you like it, you know what to pay.
its new 99.99 and hes selling for 50. He stil has the box and everything that came in it.
The Epi's traditionally take pedals rather well. So if you like it, it's worth it.
what about CD/Mp3 imput into a small valve amp? all modelling apms have that, are there any valve amps where you can plug in another source of music to play with? or is that technically impossible...
just an update but i did get the epi valve standard and it is amazing i haven't even begun to tap into its potential. Thanks for your help guys
Quote by wjhender
just an update but i did get the epi valve standard and it is amazing i haven't even begun to tap into its potential. Thanks for your help guys

Glad to hear you like it, nice to save some cash and get great gear huh? It's hard to beat for $200 or did you talk him down a little? Either way congrats, now pics and clips are mandatory...
nope ended up given him 200 he wouldn't go any lower, and i fell in love when i played it. Plus for 200 it was a deal.